Fender era or?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fender era or?

Hi I'm new here. I currently have a Schecter Omen 6, and I like it but want to get something nicer. I set on a quest to find a nice American made guitar, and settled on the Carvin CT6, but then the fact that it only has 22 frets bugged me. Enough of the songs that I play/want to play use the 23rd and 24th frets to just change the note.

I set out again and on the way saw the RR1, only 22 frets, but so beautiful! I tried out a lower model Rhoads at GC, but the fact that it was missing strings and not at all set up turned me off (not Jackson's fault at all, I'm going to try to find an RR! that's set up somewhere so I can properly decide). Also, I'm not sure if I like how far the tail sticks out.

And then I looked to my right and noticed another Jackson, a DK2M. It played wonderfully. That's when I went online and discovered the SL2H. Now I'm after a nice used one (shouldn't be too much longer 'til I have enough saved up)

So should I get a newer Fender era one (when exactly did that begin?), or something else. I've heard that the Akai ones weren't that great. Thanks.

Cant go wrong with a King V.. but if you're not a V guy then an SL2H is killer!

Comment

I have an SL2H, it's a beast. I have pre and post-fender USA models (pre RR and post SL2H) and they both are monsters! Don't worry about the years so much....try it, if it feels right....buy it!!

Comment

Exactly what DC_rhoads82 said. If I handed you one of my "pre-Fender" Jacksons to play vs. my current production ones, I bet you couldn't tell which is which unless I told you or you looked up the serial number
        Rudy
        www.metalinc.net

Comment

I have a 1992 RR1, a 1995 RR1, and a 2005 SL2H.

The SL2H wins because the strat shape is just easier, and I like the tone of the SD pickups a lot (59n and TB4).

That's not to say the others aren't good. The '92 has J90C's and a boost, give that Stryper "Soldiers Under Command" tone.

The '95 has Bill Lawrence USA rails. Sounds great for Pantera.

But the SL2H just nails so many 80's tones, I've fallen in love with it.

Comment

Yea I've decided that it's going to be the SL2H. Now I just need to get the money and find one to buy. I might put some Bill Lawrences in, or save up and put some Bare Knuckles in.

Comment

The stock SL2H pickups mine came with are amazing! I like em alot, so I wouldn't think about swappin' yet haha.

Comment

I have a brand new SL2H, and its the most wonderfull guitar I played so far. The only guitar i like better is my Custom 80's RR, and that only counts for the super thin neck!

Anyway, SL2H's own!
                '87 Jackson RR Custom Shop

Comment

Working...
                X