convince me about jackson

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Seef View Post
    Just find that guitar that puts a big smile on your face every time you pick it up!
    does anyone even own only one?

Comment

Try comparing a PRS heel with a KV heel.

They both extend up to the 17th-18th fret area. But the the KV is the full depth of the body, making it even larger than the PRS.
      please don't put it into words, 'cause I fear what you're thinking

Comment

Originally posted by Partial @ Marshall View Post
        So you've heard me play and know what my "failures" are? I'm sure I could easily listen and pick out your "failures" too. But I would have to listen, not make snap judgements based on an internet conversation...I assure you my technique and playing are on, been at it for ~32yrs, yet you would assume otherwise? As for you...no need to get "training" or further your musical education when you already know everything, education would dampen your highly developed style. It's too bad because everyone has something to teach.

I still play my pauls but they aren't always the right tool for the job for me. I always feel at home on my Jacksons...
        I know Newc can speak for himself, but allow me to put in a couple of thoughts...
        Yes, I can can play up and down the neck, and get "choked" at the uppers as well as anyone. But, after playing all kinds of guitars (I owned a music store, and bailed on it), the same thing holds true.
        The thing I like about the J/C's isn't really about the upper fret access, anyways. The Model 88 has a really blocky heel to it. It's about the compound fret radius, the stability, etc.
        But with useful practice I can pull similar tones out of squires, SG's, even acoustics.
        It's more about the work I put into it, than the gear.

Comment

I like my Chinese Douglas as much as my USA Warmoth and the other USA Jacksons, Parkers, Fenders, Gibsons, etc. that I've owned and played.

Most guitars are decent and can feel and sound great with the right setup and player. I know I sound almost the same on any guitar that's worth a shit.

Comment

Originally posted by j2379 View Post
            does anyone even own only one?

oh most definitely

Comment

Convinced yet? :ROTF:
              Dreaded Silence - Boston Melancholic Metal

Comment

Originally posted by Cygnus X1 View Post
                I know Newc can speak for himself, but allow me to put in a couple of thoughts...
                Yes, I can can play up and down the neck, and get "choked" at the uppers as well as anyone. But, after playing all kinds of guitars (I owned a music store, and bailed on it), the same thing holds true.
                The thing I like about the J/C's isn't really about the upper fret access, anyways. The Model 88 has a really blocky heel to it. It's about the compound fret radius, the stability, etc.
                But with useful practice I can pull similar tones out of squires, SG's, even acoustics.
                I too love the compound radius, it just feels right. I also prefer the jackson heel. I look at it as eliminating variables that don't fit for me personally, rather than adapting technique. The right tool for the job for the metal I play is the jackson...since 1984 when I bought my first. I always seem sound like "me" no matter what I play on or thru, but the jacksons are more intuitive than the pauls for me. Different approaches for everyone, and I respect those differences.
                www.JerryRobison.com
                '84 RR, '06 Pablo Santana Soloist,'76 Gibson LP Custom 3 pup,'79 LP custom 2 pup,'82 Gibson XR-1,'89 BC Rich Namm proto, '07 Lauher custom, 86 & 87 model 6, Carol-Ann Amplifiers, Marshall amps, Keeley pedals....it's a long list. Check out my site.

Comment

Originally posted by Cygnus X1 View Post
                  Totally agree. Guitar playing is 95% player, 5% guitar.
                  Scott

Comment

So you've heard me play and know what my "failures" are? I'm sure I could easily listen and pick out your "failures" too. But I would have to listen, not make snap judgements based on an internet conversation...I assure you my technique and playing are on, been at it for ~32yrs, yet you would assume otherwise? As for you...no need to get "training" or further your musical education when you already know everything, education would dampen your highly developed style. It's too bad because everyone has something to teach.

I still play my pauls but they aren't always the right tool for the job for me. I always feel at home on my Jacksons...

I was not speaking against your ability, but rather the closed-mindedness of the "trainer", particularly in Classical. "Hold your hand this exact way", "strike the string to get this exact tone", etc etc.

Everyone has a different tone in every other form of music, but Classical players have the same tone. You can't tell Parkening from Segovia based on tone and phrasing, because Segovia taught Parkening how to play.
                    Michael Schenker taught Rudy Schenker how to play, yet they have their own tone and phrasing.
                    I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

That's cos Rudy couldn't figure out how to copy Mike exactly... :ROTF:

I think that's becoming a problem with some shred players - the tone, phrasing, vibrato, etc are becoming increasingly generic. I don't really dig that.

Comment

Originally posted by Spivonious View Post
                        Not in my case...
                        please don't put it into words, 'cause I fear what you're thinking

Comment

I agree...but will also take every advantage I can get...

As for Newc's statement...There were a tremendous amount of closed minded individuals in my music major program, especially since I had a rock background starting off... I have to agree with you. Also when students put their instructors above the instructor status and idolize them, they tend to become impersonators of the teacher losing any chance of individuality. That can be too much to overcome in one lifetime especially in classical. I see it in shredders that come out of GIT (or whatever it's called these days) too. But, in all fairness, some people just aren't creative enough to search for their own sound...Not everyone gets to be an astronaut. My apologies for the snap back as I interpreted your post incorrectly from your intentions. I fear we have hijacked the original intention of this thread, so...JUST BUY A DAMNED JACKSON ALREADY, YOU KNOW IT RULES!!!
                          www.JerryRobison.com
                          '84 RR, '06 Pablo Santana Soloist,'76 Gibson LP Custom 3 pup,'79 LP custom 2 pup,'82 Gibson XR-1,'89 BC Rich Namm proto, '07 Lauher custom, 86 & 87 model 6, Carol-Ann Amplifiers, Marshall amps, Keeley pedals....it's a long list. Check out my site.

Comment

JUST BUY A DAMNED JACKSON ALREADY, YOU KNOW IT RULES!!!
                            I only own an import and I know that's true!

Comment

Originally posted by necrotechno View Post
                              Not in my case...
                              Thanx a lot Necro... ! Now I know, I'm not alone in this world !

And that "Convinced yet ?" ...
                              uva uvam vivendo varia fit

Comment

Working...
                              X