Why no approximate price?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why no approximate price?

Is there a particular reason why Jackson took of the estimated price from the online custom spec form? I'd really like to have a good idea of what something will cost me without going out of my way to a custom dealer or bug you guys.

The price is...ONE MILLION DOLLARS!!

Comment

Rofl....it's always the same regardless of what you order!

Comment

I wish. Then I'd just order the most ridiculous spec going!
        Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

"Finger on the trigger, back against the wall. Counting rounds and voices, not enough to kill them all" (Ihsahn).

Comment

Originally posted by wilkinsi View Post
          I wish. Then I'd just order the most ridiculous spec going!
          haha, I wish the price was affordable!

Comment

They took the pricing info down when the pricing was being revised 18 months or so ago, and it's never been added back.
            Popular is not the same as good
            Rare is not the same as valuable
            Worth is what someone will pay, not what you want to get

Comment

Add the number of differences from a production model and multiply by $1000.
              Scott

Comment

Originally posted by Spivonious View Post
                Add the number of differences from a production model and multiply by $1000.
                Actually, Jackson changed the price scheme so the simpler changes are just an upcharge from the production model, not starting at the base custom shop price.

- E.
                Good Lord! The rod up that man's butt must have a rod up its butt!

Comment

That sounds pretty cool.

Comment

As well, they wanted to let individual dealers have more say in their profit on Custom orders. If everyone gets their estimate out in the open, the dealer can't inflate the price another grand or two without the customer balking and walking.
                    I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Ah ok. Well while I'm at it can someone give me an estimate? all black random star; alder body, maple neck, ebony fret board, no inlays; 1 hum; silver hardware: floyd w/jackson tuners and dunlop strap locks; pearloid binding on body neck and headstock to top it off. thanks guys =D.

Comment

Bolt-on $3500

Neck-thru $4500

Comment

yeah I forgot to mention neck thru. alright cool, thanks.

Comment

Random Star? Probably not gonna happen since it's an Artist model and a model owned by another brand.

Note the "Random Star" is the Akira Takasaki ESP model only, and is not related to the Charvel/Jackson Star. If you write "Random Star" on the order form, it'll be rejected with no hesitation.
                            I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Originally posted by AlexL View Post
                              Actually, Jackson changed the price scheme so the simpler changes are just an upcharge from the production model, not starting at the base custom shop price.

- E.
                              I was joking
                              Scott

Comment

Working...
                              X