A little confused

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A little confused

Hi, I am Aaron. I am in the process of buying a 2005 SL1 (blue ghost flame). I found a good deal on it and stumbled upon this board wishing to learn a little more about the Jackson community. Anyway, I was reading about the custom guitars that were made for board members and learned that they were discontinued because it was too much work and they competed with Jackson customs being sold through the sponsors. Well, I just looked through all the sponsor sites and could not find anything that I couldn't find right around the corner and Guitar Center.

Thanks

Aaron

you're not the only one that's confused.
    http://www.jacknapalm.com/

Comment

I believe I speak for everyone on the forum when I say...

What the hell are you talking about?

Nice first post. I'm sure you'll get a warm welcome here.

- E.
      Good Lord! The rod up that man's butt must have a rod up its butt!

Comment

hmmmm, no shit. your post totally confuses me.

i THINK you MUST be talking about the early japanese professional guitars that were pretty darn close if not equal to the USA guitars in quality..but they weren't, aren't and never will be customs.

CUSTOM guitars are exactly what joe-schmo would think they are, and they have NOTHING to do with japan. most dealers don't stock custom guitars on their racks because it is NOT cost effective. what kicks ass to one person sucks dick to another, SO, CUSTOM guitars are ordered 1 at a time according to a person's individual specs or desires....

but i could TOTALLY be wrong through my interpretation of your foggy post....

oh, and welcome to the board!!!
        GEAR:

some guitars...WITH STRINGS!!!! most of them have those sticks like on guitar hero....AWESOME!!!!

some amps...they have some glowing bottle like things in them...i think my amps do that modelling thing....COOL, huh?!?!?!

and finally....

i have those little plastic "chips" used to hit the strings...WHOA!!!!

Comment

I was reffering to the JCF-01 and JCF-02 guitars. http://www.jcfonline.com/jcfyce/

Comment

Originally posted by markD View Post
            hmmmm, no shit. your post totally confuses me.
            Originally posted by markD View Post

i THINK you MUST be talking about the early japanese professional guitars that were pretty darn close if not equal to the USA guitars in quality..but they weren't, aren't and never will be customs.

CUSTOM guitars are exactly what joe-schmo would think they are, and they have NOTHING to do with japan. most dealers don't stock custom guitars on their racks because it is NOT cost effective. what kicks ass to one person sucks dick to another, SO, CUSTOM guitars are ordered 1 at a time according to a person's individual specs or desires....

but i could TOTALLY be wrong through my interpretation of your foggy post....

oh, and welcome to the board!!!

It's not like that with all guitars. Boogie Street Customs does limited runs with Washburn and Bernie Rich. They are customs limited to runs of like 12 guitars. I just assumed that all companies did that. Particularly when I read about the two customs runs done for this board (see my above post.)

Comment

OHHH!!! okay, that makes more sense. the JCF guitars!!! i'll let somebody that was involved with that speak of those...

jackson will do small batch runs also. let's see, dudes on this board did a special PC-1 run, the charvel dweezil's....i think there have been others too...

okay, you made your original post MUCH clearer!!!
              GEAR:

some guitars...WITH STRINGS!!!! most of them have those sticks like on guitar hero....AWESOME!!!!

some amps...they have some glowing bottle like things in them...i think my amps do that modelling thing....COOL, huh?!?!?!

and finally....

i have those little plastic "chips" used to hit the strings...WHOA!!!!

Comment

DFW, for those that were around then, a Jackson manager who got to call the shots on those early JCF models. It was problematic because of the barriers that Wade set and some of the quality control on the first ones. I was lucky enough to be in on the Big Reds. But I don't think the problem was that Dealers were being undercut, since at the time one of the dealers here (KE) was running the JCF line.
                "Got a crazy feeling I don't understand,
                Gotta get away from here.
                Feelin' like I shoulda kept my feet on the ground
                Waitin' for the sun to appear..."

Comment

So who is doing limited runs now? Is there a chance that there will be a resurection of the JCF line?

Comment

There can certainly be limited runs. There will never be another JCF guitar run, do a search on Donnie Wade and you'll see why.
                    "Got a crazy feeling I don't understand,
                    Gotta get away from here.
                    Feelin' like I shoulda kept my feet on the ground
                    Waitin' for the sun to appear..."

Comment

Originally posted by charvel750 View Post
                      There can certainly be limited runs. There will never be another JCF guitar run, do a search on Donnie Wade and you'll see why.

I ran a search on Donnie Wade but there are too many threads

Would you save me some time and post a link,,,I want to find out why...

Comment

Wade has since moved onto the Fender side hasn't he?

Even so, since Jackson opened up the Limited Run option, there really hasn't been a "need" for a "JCF run", as then-Admin Sully stated at the time, IIRC.

In short, the JCF "series" became too much of a hassle for the admins to deal with, and being they were JCF-serialized, the admins had exclusive control over them. Part of the problem was a former admin who went digging around where he really should not have been and publicly lambasted the dealers involved for what he considered to be poor handling of the run.

That and Donnie F'n Wade's stupidity in the affair pretty much killed it for all involved.
                        I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

I see

Comment

Originally posted by Newc View Post
                            Wade has since moved onto the Fender side hasn't he?
                            Originally posted by Newc View Post

Even so, since Jackson opened up the Limited Run option, there really hasn't been a "need" for a "JCF run", as then-Admin Sully stated at the time, IIRC.

In short, the JCF "series" became too much of a hassle for the admins to deal with, and being they were JCF-serialized, the admins had exclusive control over them. Part of the problem was a former admin who went digging around where he really should not have been and publicly lambasted the dealers involved for what he considered to be poor handling of the run.

That and Donnie F'n Wade's stupidity in the affair pretty much killed it for all involved.

SUX, glad he's gone.

Comment

Talk of a Dweezil run is making my pulse go up about 30 b.p.m.
                              "Wow,... that was some of the hardest rockin ever. Hardest to listen too."
                              --floydkramer

Comment

Working...
                              X