No announcement yet.

How do YOU stop the cope with the wait?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The October date is most likely just an estimate. I was told by Scott at Vwall, that Jackson estimated 4 months for my KV2T. I was very lucky and happy to receive mine in less than 2 months. I had heard that for the more popular guitar styles, the turnarounds are supposed to be getting better. I would assume the SL2H is a very popular style. But, no telling when you will get it.

Comment

Originally posted by Jack Napalm View Post
      October? That's nothing. I waited 18 months for guitar, twice. Others have waited longer.

Forget about it until it happens. Find another a guitar to love and abuse in the meantime.
      Well said. My longest wait is 28 months. Play what you have and enjoy the hell out of it/them because when the new one arrives they will probably feel neglected.

Comment

I usually end up ordering or buying other stuff in the 'wait time' for a custom order, so I distract myself with other new toys!
        Popular is not the same as good
        Rare is not the same as valuable
        Worth is what someone will pay, not what you want to get

Comment

That's what I did. I should've saved up the cash I had end-December. I probably could've had another USA Jackson in March.
          Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

"Finger on the trigger, back against the wall. Counting rounds and voices, not enough to kill them all" (Ihsahn).

Comment

Mine took 7 1/2 months. I just tortured myself by coming here and staring at the guitars that got sent out quicker. I'll tease you some more with my acapulco gold soon. There is a AG soloist here, just search acapulco gold.

Comment

TBH, I'm not known for my patience, and I think I did well for 3 weeks of gawping at the shipping status on the USPS site. The best I could do was just play my other guitars which I've relied on for years. I initially had to wait 5-6 weeks before that in order to gather the funds. After it arrived, I started getting more sleep at night. Does that make you feel any better?
              Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

"Finger on the trigger, back against the wall. Counting rounds and voices, not enough to kill them all" (Ihsahn).

Comment

Bri, Was your 7-1/2 month wait because you ordered the AG before they were in production?

Yeah, I think you're referring to the post from Mickey C with his AG soloist. In fact, I originally ordered Absinthe Frost, but after seeing his post with his AG, I changed my order right away.

Any additional AG photos you have would be awesome! Thanks!

Comment

His is mint and available right now, why wait?

Comment

My wait was not due to the color. AG was an Aug 2007 color. Non of the guitars that shipped faster were Kelly's. Part of the wait was the guitar just sitting at the warehouse. Final inspection for my guitar was April 8th. McD happened to see me mention here I was waiting for an AG Kelly around April 29 and said one was ready to go. I passed that on to Matt who I guess reminded Jackson he had placed the order. By the time it made it from Jackson to Matt and then back to So Cal it was June 5th. Now it's here and the pain is gone

Yeah I was referring to Mickey's.

More photos as soon as I can find the time. I want to play the thing too I finally have a free week coming and I got f'n jury duty.

Comment

Working...
                    X