Rr1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rr1

What's the difference in weight between an RR1 and RR24? I have an RR24 which I'm losing interest in rapidly. It feels like a cheap toy with hardly any body weight and the EMG 81 is no longer to my liking either. Or, should I just go for another WR1?
    Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

"Finger on the trigger, back against the wall. Counting rounds and voices, not enough to kill them all" (Ihsahn).

Pretty much the same I'd say. They are both from alder. Unless you find yourself early RR1 which were out of poplar...those are a lot heavier!

Comment

RR1 - Pickguard, 2 Humbuckers, 22 frets ( instead of 24 ), Duncans and USA Made instead of Japanese.

Comment

Both my older (92 and 95) RR1s feel solid.

I picked up an RR1T in GC a couple of years back and it felt much lighter. Could be just random, however.

Comment

My RR1T is amazingly light.

Comment

Originally posted by Axewielder View Post
            My RR3 is way lighter than my Strat. It was the first thing I noticed.

Comment

Just get a WR1, those things are beastly.

Comment

Yea i agree get another WR1... i have had an RR24 and although it is alder and so is my RR1 the USA versions are heavier .. same goes for most , i know my DK1 was heavier than my friends DK2.

Comment

Let's hope someone offers to sell me a used/mint WR1.
                  Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

"Finger on the trigger, back against the wall. Counting rounds and voices, not enough to kill them all" (Ihsahn).

Comment

Originally posted by KBRR View Post
                    Yea i agree get another WR1... i have had an RR24 and although it is alder and so is my RR1 the USA versions are heavier .. same goes for most , i know my DK1 was heavier than my friends DK2.

I think it's random.. I hade a 2006 RR1T, and it was really light.

My KV Pro, is like a les Paul..

Comment

Originally posted by Brooke View Post
                      I think it's random.. I hade a 2006 RR1T, and it was really light.

My KV Pro, is like a les Paul..
                      But also, Poplar is for sure heavier than alder (that is not random). The older Jackson's just feel much heavier.

But I have noticed that some alder models are heavier than other alder models.

SOme people like it when the guitar is really light. Personally I like the poplar ones the best. But that's just me.

Comment

My RR1T feels really light too.

- E.
                        Good Lord! The rod up that man's butt must have a rod up its butt!

Comment

Originally posted by Axewielder View Post
                          +1 So, light it floats
                          Tone is like Art: Your opinion is valid. Listen, learn, have fun, draw your own conclusions.

Comment

my KV2 (alder) is light indeed
                            but it doesnt give me the impression that its a cheap axe

I assume the RR1 must be even lighter than the KV2 since the bosy is smaller?

Comment

Originally posted by Nova View Post
                              my KV2 (alder) is light indeed
                              but it doesnt give me the impression that its a cheap axe

I assume the RR1 must be even lighter than the KV2 since the bosy is smaller?

I think it depends..

I notice that my fathers KV1 (1999) is alder, and also much heavier than my KV2 (1997).

The extra weight is to much to be acounted for my the route for the floyd, so I assume it's the wood.

There was a 2008 RR1 at my local music store a while ago,,it was heavier than my KV2.

I've noticed that lots of the Jackson USA's between the 2005 2006 production period are very light.

Comment

Working...
                              X