Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Price '84 SL

Hi Guys

What would be a fair price for a J02XX serial'd Soloist Custom w/Kahler from 84?

My guess is anywhere between $1000-$1600

Most older soloists sell between there (that I've noticed.)
    Originally posted by horns666
    The only thing I choke during sex is, my chicken..especially when I wanna glaze my wife's buns.

Comment

Thanks! I was thinking about that pricerange too.

Is it true that back in the day's customers had to send their own Floyd Rose to Jackson, if they didn't want a Kahler 2300? So that this would be te reason why Floyd Rose equipped Jackson's from the SD era are less common?
      Last edited by Razor X; 06-14-2008, 04:10 PM.

Comment

It also depends on the condition and other features such as graphic vs standard color, pickup layout, etc.

Kahlers usually bring less because they're less desireable than Floyds.

And yes, at that time, Kramer had exclusive rights to the Floyd, so if you wanted a Floyd on a Jackson, you had to provide it yourself.
        I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

The guitar is in a pretty good condition with a metallic finish, H/H pickup config and 3 piece neck. This makes the price $1300/1400ish?

So that's the why, thanks!

Comment

Seems a bit high for a Kahlered model IMO. I would expect ~$900 tops.
            I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Is it a custom (bound ebony fingerboard and sharkfins) or a student (unbound rosewood board and dot inlays)?
              Popular is not the same as good
              Rare is not the same as valuable
              Worth is what someone will pay, not what you want to get

Comment

I think $1200 to $1600 for an 84 is a fair price.I have an 86 Soloist custom that I've turned down $1600 offers.I love Kahlers so they don't hurt the value for me.

[/IMG]
                Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

I've got a close relative...
                  Drive Fast Cars & Play Cool Guitars!!!

Comment

The low serial number might drive it a bit higher than your average SD Soloist goes for. You don't see many '84 Soloists for sale.

Comment

Xbolt! That guitar's stunning!!

Comment

Cheers!
                        Drive Fast Cars & Play Cool Guitars!!!

Comment

Working...
                        X