What Makes this Worth.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What Makes this Worth.....

I dig the swimming pool color but what makes this worth the asking price, without seeing the specs I'm not sure. Is it the artwork?

Jackson KV2
    Jackson KE1T
    Jackson KE1F
    Jackson SL1

I'd guess that:
    it's a Custom Shop guitar = always jacks the price up
    complex graphic = expensive
    glow in the dark paint = expensive

if you compare it to the Warrior on their site:

which isn't that far removed from the production WR1 (custom colour, reverse h/s), most of the price diff in the Soloist would appear to be the graphic & paint.
    Hail yesterday

Comment

It's not worth that price. It's a soloist with a fancy paint job. Big deal. I'm sure that one will be sitting for a while. Problem is DCGL probably has too much in it to dump or sell it for a reasonble price in the future. If I were a dealer and I had an itch to do a custom shop, I would make it more appealing to a wider market ie.squid flames, or quilt top. They are doing quilts now.
      "You have a pud..your wife has a face. Next time she bitches..I'd play cock bongos on her cheeks..all four of them!" - Bill Z.
      I just just had a sudden urge to sugga dick..! If I wore that guitar and didn't suck male genitalia..somethin' is very wrong! - Bill Z.

Comment

As well it's stringthrough/TOM, which is not a standard USA Soloist option. While they do have a template to do those things with, the nature of Custom Shop models now is that they have a bit more attention to detail than in the past, which means taking their time to set things up.

Time = Money, so the more time you spend on something, the more money it costs to produce. Add to that the custom paintjob AND the glow-in-the-dark paint, as well as dealer markup, and the price goes through the roof.
        I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

SL2HT = $1800 street in a solid color

So they think the graphic is worth $3500...

FUCKING INSANE - WHAT THE FUCK IS WRONG WITH THEM?

Comment

The problem is someone could well pay that much. It'll sit there for a week or two, then drop back down to map.

Comment

Originally posted by thetroy View Post
              SL2HT = $1800 street in a solid color

So they think the graphic is worth $3500...

FUCKING INSANE - WHAT THE FUCK IS WRONG WITH THEM?
              Well, if you consider the contracted artist's pay rate, you can assume the work is being done for ~$1500 at least, more if there's a lot of extra work involved.

So they didn't pay $3500 for the graphic, but they double what it cost them to have it done so they make that money back AND make enough to have another one done.
              I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

That graffic is sweet. Wish it had a matching headstock.

It's worth whatever someone will pay them for it.
                I'm angry because you're stupid

Comment

Originally posted by Newc View Post
                  Well, if you consider the contracted artist's pay rate, you can assume the work is being done for ~$1500 at least, more if there's a lot of extra work involved.

So they didn't pay $3500 for the graphic, but they double what it cost them to have it done so they make that money back AND make enough to have another one done.
                  I highly doubt the artist was paid that much. I would be surprised if the artist made more than $500 or so.

Comment

Working...
                  X