Got my first USA Jackson today!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Welcome!

Sweet rig you have there! Congrats and welcome to JCF!

Comment

Originally posted by _koppen View Post
      So how much did it cost you to bring it home in SEK?
      Include shipping and customs and everything
      About 18000.
      Adrian Smith fanboy

Comment

AWESOME! Congratulations - NOW GO PLAY THE **** out of it!

Comment

Now dont just stare at it! Get to Shredding! Outstanding purchase...
          thanks for sharing it with us.

Comment

Might kill myself over this in the future, but I'm really considering either putting this one up on a swedish "auctioning"-website to sell it personally to some other swede or sell it to the local musicstore and lose a little cash on that. I just don't "merge" with it the way I want to, the way I tend to do with my LTD... This feels shitty as hell.
            Adrian Smith fanboy

Comment

Great looking axe! But I know what you mean. Sometimes it's impossible until you get to know a new guitar if the fit is right. What is it about the KV2 you don't like?

Comment

I felt the same with my first and only RR. I don't like the feel of the neck as much as on my WR1. The RR's getting sold to make dough for my next WR1. I assume he's prolly having the same neck feel issues?
                Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

"Finger on the trigger, back against the wall. Counting rounds and voices, not enough to kill them all" (Ihsahn).

Comment

You're probably right. After all, it has to feel good or it's just going to sit in the case.
                  Last edited by dark_knight; 09-07-2008, 09:00 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by dark_knight View Post
                    Great looking axe! But I know what you mean. Sometimes it's impossible until you get to know a new guitar if the fit is right. What is it about the KV2 you don't like?
                    It's extremely hard to describe.. I guess that the binding is part of it, it feels extremely slippery. Plus the neck feels kinda too... "Fluid"/liquid in a way. Plus the shape is awkward as hell to sit down with. I think I like a "fuller" shape, like a Strat.
                    Adrian Smith fanboy

Comment

I'll tell you what, when I first got my KV2(my first USA Jackson)I found it kinda awkward to play as well.I couldn't really describe it either.At the time I had an RR3 that I played alot and the KV2 felt nothing like it.For awhile I wouldn't even play it cause it didn't feel right,but more and more I would pick it up and I started getting use to it.Now it is one of my favorite ones to play.I would say maybe take some time and see if you come around to it.You might really hate yourself later if you let it go too soon.

Comment

Dude, That is beautiful indeed! I am so jealious! Eye candy for us

Comment

like everyone else...

Comment

Oh Fuck! That's awesome! What a beautiful guitar...
                            Facebook - Youtube

Comment

nice one mate
                              wonder when i'll get a jackson usa =(
                              Own:
                              '93 Rhoads PRO, '92 Fusion Ex, '90 Soloist PRO:, Zoom GFX-5 + moar shitty pedals, Marshall mg15 DFX

Dreamin abt:
                              w/e catches my eyes ATM
                              More '90 Professionals

Comment

Now it's gone, traded it for an Ibanez today. :/ Wish I could've kept it, but it just wasn't my kinda guitar. Not done with Jackson though, I'll give the Adrian Smith siggie a try for sure if it's released!
                                Adrian Smith fanboy

Comment

Working...
                                X