Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Heya, from New Zealand

Hey,

my name is Dave, I'm 20 years old and live in Christchurch New Zealand. I have been playing guitar for nearly six years now, with my most influential bands being Gunners, Metallica, Def Leppard - the list goes on! The first Metallica song I heard was Unforgiven, and from that point on I knew I wanted to start playing the guitar.

I just sold my Epiphone Explorer, so I'm guitar-less for a couple of months D: I play through a Marshall DSL100, and use a few basic BOSS effects such as delay, chorus, and the Crybaby Wah.

I'm going to put in an order this week for a USA Jackson SL2H in black! Because New Zealand is basically on another planet as far as availability goes, I haven't been able to try it out, and it's going to take around three months to get here. I have heard amazing things about this axe, so I'm confident it will meet all my needs I will definately post some pics once it arrives.

Anyway, enough rambling :p Thought I would do a quick introduction

Hey Dave... are you the same dude off NZGuitars forum? I thought you'd decided against upping your order to a USA? :P

Welcome to the JCF

Comment

Hey, same Dave

Na still going for the USA, it's just I couldn't go back on the order, so it'll be on the way shortly

Comment

Nice one Dave, be sure to let me know when it gets to you! I'd love to see how it compares to my Jackson USA-inspired custom Kelly.

Comment

I originally wanted an RR1, but every deal kept falling through. Finally a smoking deal on a SL2H came my way so I pulled the trigger. YOU CAN NEVER GO WRONG WITH THE SL2H. I bought it Sept. 07 2007 and every time I pick it up I'm just as excited as the day I got it, maybe even more. I didn't like the TB4 at first, it seemed honky or flabby but I have a lot of settings and kept tinkering around until I got a great big fat nasty tone that will clobber the shit out of you. You can feel the quality of the pickup selector, volume and tone knobs. This is my 1st real floyd and it feels so much better than the kahler spyder or JT580's that I have or have had.
          You wont be disappointed.
          Last edited by phill_up; 06-22-2008, 06:50 AM.

Comment

+1 on what has been said already. I have a DSL100 1/2 stack and all I need is my Bengal SL2H and a cord for tonal bliss. I'm sure you will be happy with your choice.

You might hear from a bunch of nay-sayers saying the Duncan JB is too muddy or too bright and ear piercing, but with the right amp and the right guitar, it works great. No complaints for the 59n either. The two balance well together.
            Last edited by DonP; 06-22-2008, 08:13 AM.

Comment

Good move .. welcome

Comment

Hello from UpState,NY USA. Welcome aboard,glad you found this place.This is the place if you want to learn everything about Jacksons.Ask away,we are here to help.
                We also like pix alot,so if you can post pix when you get your new Jackson.
                Henrik Danhage Sig Heavy Relic

Comment

Working...
                X