Soloist Volume pot

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Soloist Volume pot

Does anyone know what the volume pots are in a 1996 sl1 and where to buy them? Thanks

Likely CTS. Do a google search, there's literally 100's of sources.
    "Got a crazy feeling I don't understand,
    Gotta get away from here.
    Feelin' like I shoulda kept my feet on the ground
    Waitin' for the sun to appear..."

Comment

Should be CTS 500k

Comment

Yeah, I don't remember ever reading specs where they used anything other than CTS in USA Selects. Just about any guitar repair place should have 'em.
        I'm not afraid to bleed, but I won't do it for you.

Comment

RS Guitarworks, Winchester KY. Handcrafted Custom Guitars, Electronics, Upgrades, Accessories, and more!
          Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

Thanks everyone, just ordered one...

Comment

ok the new pot arrived, so removed the old one to find the new one doesn't fit in the guitar (very annoying), quickly soldered the old one back in but now the guitar hums alot louder than it should. Also if i touch the tone pot the huming becomes insanely loud and if the strings touch the humbucker the sound cuts out altogether.

Anyone know what the problem could be? I'm pretty sure everything is where it should be...

Comment

Pot doesn't fit? Explain.

Comment

Originally posted by Tivey View Post
                  ok the new pot arrived, so removed the old one to find the new one doesn't fit in the guitar (very annoying), quickly soldered the old one back in but now the guitar hums alot louder than it should. Also if i touch the tone pot the huming becomes insanely loud and if the strings touch the humbucker the sound cuts out altogether.

Anyone know what the problem could be? I'm pretty sure everything is where it should be...
                  Sounds like you've reversed the ground and positive.

Comment

Originally posted by Axewielder View Post
                    Pot doesn't fit? Explain.
                    The thread on the pot doesn't fit through the hole on the body so it can't be fixed on the guitar

Comment

The thread on the pot doesn't fit through the hole on the body so it can't be fixed on the guitar
                      Dont force it through or you could crack the clear coat (experience talking)

When I had this problem with my Charvel I used a dremel with the little barrell sander on the end of it. It was just the right size that I could get in there and make the hole a little bigger.

-Steve
                      Guitars:
                      '04 Jackson SL1 - Flametop Cabo Blue Trans Burst
                      '94 Charvel Predator - Fire Crackle
                      '77 Ibanez LP Custom Copy - Black
                      Amp:
                      VOX AD30VT

Comment

Originally posted by UFORocks View Post
                        Dont force it through or you could crack the clear coat (experience talking)

When I had this problem with my Charvel I used a dremel with the little barrell sander on the end of it. It was just the right size that I could get in there and make the hole a little bigger.

-Steve
                        hmm didn't really want to mess with the body. Think I'll just buy another pot which fits. Still haven't figured out the earthing problem though

Comment

hmm didn't really want to mess with the body. Think I'll just buy another pot which fits. Still haven't figured out the earthing problem though
                          Could be that you bought the right pot, but it may just have slightly larger threads. This happened to me on my Charvel. Right size pots, but the threads on the pot were a hair too wide, thats all.

-Steve
                          Guitars:
                          '04 Jackson SL1 - Flametop Cabo Blue Trans Burst
                          '94 Charvel Predator - Fire Crackle
                          '77 Ibanez LP Custom Copy - Black
                          Amp:
                          VOX AD30VT

Comment

If its a USA Jackson they use CTS pots import Jacksons use the smaller pots.
                            Standard CTS pots will work just use a reamer to make the hole larger.Ream from the back so you don't chip the paint.
                            If you have a hum you didn't ground something well.It may look like its grounded but the hum means its not.
                            Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

Working...
                            X