No announcement yet.

Question about the Jackson KV2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I agree with toejam too. The shorter scale length makes that stretch between fret 10 and 17 a bit easier to make.

It's just the headstock that bugs me.

Comment

Originally posted by BeëlzeM View Post
      I know what you mean man. I have been waiting for Jackson to release a high-end KV without the damn Floyd for years now.

Please make more USA high-end models without the Floyd Rose. I never got to buy a Jackson for that simple fact. I got enough guitars already with Floyds.

Guitars don't NEED Floyds to be good guitars, keep that in mind please.
      No idea on the actual reasoning but I would guess the KV2 comes with Floyds because the type of people that would buy a KV2 are likely into the 80s/90s/00s metal or hard rock genre where the whammy sounds are widely heard and utilized. That's the look of the guitar.

You're probably not gonna buy a KV2 if you play stuff like the Stones or the Who or New Kids on the Block or anything like that. Some might, but you don't see many guys in a bar band playing Twist & Shout on a KV2.

Then they have to decide how many to make with and without Floyds and deal with whatever ones don't sell as well. I imagine they have some marketing research aiding their decisions on the features.
      Jackson KV2
      Jackson KE1T
      Jackson KE1F
      Jackson SL1

Comment

A.
        Last edited by electricalmagik; 03-22-2018, 02:56 PM.

Comment

You might also get a used KV2, have it stripped, glue in replacement wood, add a string thru bridge, and have Mike Learn do a kick ass paint job. You would have exactly what you want and probably be way below a custom shop cost and delivery time.

Comment

Originally posted by ulijdavid View Post
            You might also get a used KV2, have it stripped, glue in replacement wood, add a string thru bridge, and have Mike Learn do a kick ass paint job. You would have exactly what you want and probably be way below a custom shop cost and delivery time.
            The neck is not angled for a fixed bridge,,or I would have done it to my KV2...

Comment

Originally posted by Brooke View Post
              The neck is not angled for a fixed bridge,,or I would have done it to my KV2...
              You can always get a Fender-type hardtail bridge or some low-profile TOM like Carvin uses.
              I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Sorry, forgot about that. Toejam is correct, you could do the latest craze and recess a Gibson type bridge.

Comment

I've seen people do it. There is this guy in the Post your V-thread that has a white KV with a TOM and stop tailpiece. I wonder what he used....

I wonder even more why Jackson never got to put out a NORMAL KV that has doesn't have a Floyd.

Comment

I posted a thread to see if ther is intrest in a limited run of a KV2 with string thru and thats it. Idea is to keep simple specs and hopefully get a simple price.

Comment

Originally posted by BeëlzeM View Post
                      I've seen people do it. There is this guy in the Post your V-thread that has a white KV with a TOM and stop tailpiece. I wonder what he used....

I wonder even more why Jackson never got to put out a NORMAL KV that has doesn't have a Floyd.
                      Thje guitar that you are refering to is (I think) Zeelger's KV1. The KV1 has an angled neck because it is a fixed bridge guitar.

The KV2 has a recessed floyd, and thus does not have an angled neck.

Comment

Working...
                      X