Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

EMGs came in today for my Trans Black WR1 - pics of it together with black hardware

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• EMGs came in today for my Trans Black WR1 - pics of it together with black hardware

[wrinkle pattern flourescent light covers in the kitchen made the gloss paint look wrinkled :snarl:]

Eventually, my thought is that I will sand the top of the EMG covers smooth, down far enough to completely remove the EMG logo...then paint them with professional quality paint and professional compressor/spray gun (all this is available to me, and I painted my entire Vette, so I imagine pickups won't be too hard :P). I'm thinking what would be really cool is for one pickup to have the silhouette of a raven, and the other pup spelling out RAVEN from top to bottom (as seen when the guitar is horizontal). The silhouette image and letters would be flat black and the surrounding area gloss black, so it would be fairly subtle.

I've got black, metal pickup rings coming in too to replace the plastic ones on there now.

Also, I'll probably get black strap locks for it as well (chrome strap buttons are still on there).

Anyway...my original before shot...

And almost after :P:

Both dramatically improved. Well done.
    All men play on 10. Never gonna turn down again.

Comment

Whats the significance of RAVEN?
      -------------------------
      Blank yo!

Comment

maybe it is his dog's name?
        GEAR:

some guitars...WITH STRINGS!!!! most of them have those sticks like on guitar hero....AWESOME!!!!

some amps...they have some glowing bottle like things in them...i think my amps do that modelling thing....COOL, huh?!?!?!

and finally....

i have those little plastic "chips" used to hit the strings...WHOA!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Grandturk View Post
          Whats the significance of RAVEN?
          Guitar will be all black and the flame maple looks like feathers to an extent. Seemed like a good nickname for the guitar. I also really like Edgar Allan Poe :P and I'm sure it will put me in a grim train of thought for bizarre writing, lol.
          Last edited by Medisinyl; 11-18-2008, 04:34 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by markD View Post
            maybe it is his dog's name?
            Well, maybe a pet has something to do it. I don't have a dog. My only pet is a Meyer's Parrot. And she is evil (to everyone but me :P)

Comment

I actually like the way EMG's look the way they are. I would just leave them that way......but that's me.
              Guitars:
              Charvel: USA Pro Mod Slime Green
              1988 Model 2,
              Jackson: Dinky HSS 'Blue/Orange Flame'
              RR3
              Gibson: 1978 Les Paul Spl Dbl Cut
              1992 LP Studio 'Lite'
              2005 SG Special

Comment

Originally posted by jrnic View Post
                I actually like the way EMG's look the way they are. I would just leave them that way......but that's me.
                Unfortunately, they make it look similar to a WRMG that way...

Comment

wow that is 10000x better. i never liked that ugly chrome hardware on the transblack's. NICE man nice.

also you don't need to sand away the EMG's but you could paint em or write something on them, that'd be cool

Comment

Originally posted by Foulacy View Post
                    wow that is 10000x better. i never liked that ugly chrome hardware on the transblack's. NICE man nice.

also you don't need to sand away the EMG's but you could paint em or write something on them, that'd be cool
                    I'd like them to be perfectly smooth so that the gloss black would match the body paint exactly (and the metal pickup rings should match the rest of the black metal hardware). The EMGs as they stand now look kind of gray against the rest of the guitar. I'd want them to disappear into the body a bit more... this is said car that I painted if anyone is thinking the paint would come out looking like a spray bomb job (license plate is in reference to the DIO era Sabbath album -- I get some nasty looks for that one :P)...

Comment

Those things look awesome !!!!

Comment

Love the license plate...Does anyone remember Black Sabbath?

Comment

Originally posted by ulijdavid View Post
                          Black Whatnow? I don't have a clue what you're on about!

The Warriors look really nice, Medisinyl. I've never really understood why Jackson put chrome hardware on the trans colours, because I reckon the black works much better. Especially on that WR1.
                          Last edited by Confuse-a-Cat; 11-19-2008, 09:45 AM.
                          I like maple fretboards. :P

Comment

Originally posted by ulijdavid View Post
                            They did just do a huge tour with DIO as the singer not that long ago... saw them Sept '07 with Alice Cooper and Queensryche (FL). First time I had seen Alice Cooper--he was amazing.

Comment

Working...
                            X