SL1 "I'm Hooked"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SL1 "I'm Hooked"

I'm new here. My first guitar was a 76 Gibson Les Paul Custom, .... I've owned many guitars in the past 15 years. Buying, selling, trading, etc. I was really into Ibanez Jems, Universes, J.Customs, JS's, RGs, ... blah, blah, blah. I just traded a Gibson Les Paul Supreme for an 04 Amber Burst SL1 + Cash. I can't say in words how impressed I am with it. It blows away any Ibanez I've ever owned. Surprisingly to me, It has tons more of sustain than any Paul I've ever owned, .... it does lack in the tone as a 10lb Gibson would have, but I'm hooked. I've always enjoyed hard rock, but I've never been into anything as heavy as Anthrax or anything like that. AC/DC, Ozzy, GN'R, Satriani, Vai, hendrix, etc, is more my cup of tea.

Just my 2 cents, but I've really have a lot of respect for Jackson guitars now. I'm just stoked with this guitar!!!

Cool ! Glad you discovered the best! :-)) Enjoy

Comment

Welcome! post that sucka in the gallery

Comment

I have both Gibsons and Jackson/Charvels. I like both, but I can afford more Jackson/Charvels than Gibsons.

Comment

Originally posted by DonP View Post
          I have both Gibsons and Jackson/Charvels. I like both, but I can afford more Jackson/Charvels than Gibsons.
          +1

Congrats on the Score. I love my SL1 as well.
          Tone is like Art: Your opinion is valid. Listen, learn, have fun, draw your own conclusions.

Comment

Damn, that's a nice axe. Don't forget to post it in the gallery also.

Comment

sweet jesus that guitar gave me a hard on

wheres my girlfriend

Comment

Wow, nice soloist! I dig it
                As far as I'm concerned he can stay with Dean and play his dots+fins KV copies, and whatever that aborted fetus he "designed". More like "I saw it in my puke". -Newc

Tung Oil is for guitar necks. Tongue Oil is a by-product of cunninglus. -Metalchurch79

Comment

The flame on that is amazing.
                  "Dear Dr. Bill,
                  I work with a woman who is about 5 feet tall and weighs close to 450 pounds and has more facial hair than ZZ Top." - Jack The Riffer

"OK, we can both have Ben..joint custody. I'll have him on the weekends. We could go out in my Cobra and give people the finger..weather permitting of course.." -Bill Z. Bub

Comment

Working...
                  X