My Friedman Kellys

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by triplehold View Post
    Absolutely two of the nicest Kellys I've ever seen! jk2171- did you take the rubber gasket out from underneath the Kahler? I've heard somewhere that removing it improves the sound of guitars with that type of bridge. I played a nice korina Mustaine for years and I wish I'd thought of that trick then. Real nice guitars you've got there!
    Originally posted by jk2171 View Post
    I've heard of doing that as well, but have never tried it with the KE1 or the KV1s I've had.

not wanting to derail thread ,just a quick question.After removing gasket ,what would I need to do ? reset action ? adjust truss ? or is it so small it does't matter ? intonation issues ? anything else ?

Thanks ,
    Jay
    Enjoying a rum and coke, just didn't have any coke...

Comment

When I took mine apart the gasket is about 1/16' thick, I would say you would have to adjust the action and intonation accordingly. You'd want to check the neck and you might need to lower your pickups depending on how you like them. First and foremost I would say don't go nuts screwing the bridge back on, you might damage your guitars finish. That is what the rubber gasket is there for.

Comment

I wish they made those lefty
        As far as I'm concerned he can stay with Dean and play his dots+fins KV copies, and whatever that aborted fetus he "designed". More like "I saw it in my puke". -Newc

Tung Oil is for guitar necks. Tongue Oil is a by-product of cunninglus. -Metalchurch79

Comment

Originally posted by Leftyzrule580 View Post
          I wish they made those lefty
          I just wish Marty was still with Jackson and they made them. Could always go custom shop I guess.

Comment

Those are some great looking Kelly's you got there! Here is one of mine which previously belonged to Marty and was used on the Cryptic Writings album/tour. Its J6363:

Rudy
            www.metalinc.net

Comment

I never paid much attention to kellys before but those are hot looking guitars.
              Just one more guitar!

Comment

Originally posted by roodyrocker View Post
                Those are some great looking Kelly's you got there! Here is one of mine which previously belonged to Marty and was used on the Cryptic Writings album/tour. Its J6363:

That's awesome, Rudy. The flat black paint looks outstanding!

Comment

Originally posted by roodyrocker View Post

This is making me seriously consider custom ordering one of these instead of the death kelly or death warrior Ive been dreaming about.

Anyone got any pics of a Death Kelly with no bevels?
                  My Childrens
                  -------------
                  Lefty Ke2 ferrari red w blk bevels
                  Lefty RR1T trans black
                  Lefty Sl2HT trans black
                  Lefty SLSMG!!!!

Comment

That's awesome, Rudy. The flat black paint looks outstanding!
                    Its actually gloss black but the flash reflections look like scuffs or something on it. Its actually in great shape with no dings which is amazing considering the guitar was toured with.
                    Rudy
                    www.metalinc.net

Comment

Thanks guys...they are both great players. The blue one has a cool story behind it. It was played by Marty at a guitar clinic in '01 at Guitar Xpress. He even signed the back plate. I have included some pics of the clinic and the hang tag/invoice:

Awesome! The sad thing is that since the days of Fender, the Jackson brand has become the Jack$on brand and you wouldn't be able to buy something like that for under $4000 anymore.

Comment

To those wondering why Marty left jackson, apparently he states that he had a hard time getting them to Japan and switched to Ibanez because they were easier to deal with overseas.

Comment

Working...
                        X