J4112 Firebird

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wow, that thing is TIGHT! I like it...
    As far as I'm concerned he can stay with Dean and play his dots+fins KV copies, and whatever that aborted fetus he "designed". More like "I saw it in my puke". -Newc

Tung Oil is for guitar necks. Tongue Oil is a by-product of cunninglus. -Metalchurch79

Comment

Originally posted by jk2171 View Post
      They balance very well IMO. I love how heavy and thick they are. Provides great sustain even when it's unplugged. I've had almost every Jackson shape and while I've enjoyed a lot of them, the Firebird is 'my' guitar...if that makes sense. Just feels right for me.
      That makes total sense to me bro! Being a huge fan of Crosby that's why I play KV's, and Robbin sometimes used a lefhanded neck, so his logo's were upside down, so me being a lefty, it sort of fits the vibe for me using a righthanded KV.
      But like I said, I'd love to have a Firebird someday. That even looks heavy just seeing it on the computer, I can only imagine how it feels, and that probably adds to the resonance when unplugged.
      Thanks for sharing that fine guitar with us!
      'Howling in shadows
      Living in a lunar spell
      He finds his heaven
      Spewing from the mouth of hell'

Comment

I've been wanting a (non-Gibson) Firebird for a while now, and now I'm really jonesin' for one. I noticed on the Jackson Custom form - that Firebird isn't on the list. Is this guitar shape no longer available through Jackson? What price range are we talking about when dealing with custom Jacksons? I had a price quoted on a custom guitar recently with a different brand, basic white with black binding... and it was a ridiculous $6800+! I won't name the brand though, would be bad for business :/
        Last edited by Lunar; 12-01-2008, 01:07 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Lunar View Post
          I've been wanting a (non-Gibson) Firebird for a while now, and now I'm really jonesin' for one. I noticed on the Jackson Custom form - that Firebird isn't on the list. Is this guitar shape no longer available through Jackson? What price range are we talking about when dealing with custom Jacksons? I had a price quoted on a custom guitar recently with a different brand, basic white with black binding... and it was a ridiculous $6800+! I won't name the brand though, would be bad for business :/
          Unfortunately any Gibson shape (Firebird, roundhorn V, Tele, etc.) is off limits with Jackson/FMIC. All of those shapes are hard to come by but they do pop up ocassionally on Ebay, or the various Jackson forums.

If you want a non-Gibson Firebird you can grab one from GMW. Lee is making that shape and some members have them and really like 'em!

Comment

Working...
          X