Noob with SL1T question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Noob with SL1T question

I've been a Jackson owner for many years and have been lurking this forum for sometime. There is definately a lot of knowledgable people on this forum so I thought I'd post a question about one of my new acquisitions. I recently purchased a new SL1T in beautiful violin brown finish. From some of the previous posts that I've searched, it appears that this finish is now only available as a custom shop order. I'm pretty sure my guitar isn't a custom shop since it doesn't have the "Custom Shop" logo on the headstock. The serial number is U15293. Does anyone here have any idea on the production year?

Second question: I'm in process of swapping out the chrome hardware to gold. I haven't had any problems finding the proper hardware with the exception of the ferrules or eyelets on the top of the guitar behind the bridge. I bought a set from StewMac but they are a fraction smaller in diameter than the originals. They fit but they're pretty loose and fall out if the guitar is turned over. I guess it's not that big a deal but I don't want to end up losing one inadvertantly when changing strings or doing other maintenance. I would rather not glue them in either. Does anyone here know where I can get the correct ferrules? I've looked all over the internet and it seems that the only ones I can find are the same as the one's that StewMac sells.

Thanks all for you help!

Comment

Welcome! I can't really help you with your questions but...

*Cough cough*

"Dear Dr. Bill,
      I work with a woman who is about 5 feet tall and weighs close to 450 pounds and has more facial hair than ZZ Top." - Jack The Riffer

"OK, we can both have Ben..joint custody. I'll have him on the weekends. We could go out in my Cobra and give people the finger..weather permitting of course.." -Bill Z. Bub

Comment

There is someone on the forum who goes by BudMan. If he doesnt have it, he would probably know where to get it.

Comment

Originally posted by phill_up View Post
          There is someone on the forum who goes by BudMan. If he doesnt have it, he would probably know where to get it.
          http://www.fretsonthenet.net/
          Oh wow, how did I not think of Dave.
          "Dear Dr. Bill,
          I work with a woman who is about 5 feet tall and weighs close to 450 pounds and has more facial hair than ZZ Top." - Jack The Riffer

"OK, we can both have Ben..joint custody. I'll have him on the weekends. We could go out in my Cobra and give people the finger..weather permitting of course.." -Bill Z. Bub

Comment

You know Ben? if we spent as much time practicing as we did on here we would be famous. How about starting up a band? I like the name "Wyld Stallyns"

Comment

Thanks guys. I did check the frestonthenet webiste and they do have ferrules but the pics Dave has are exactly like the ones I got from StewMac. I guess it wouldn't hurt to email him though. I actually just ordered a polished brass TRC from him to match the rest of the gold hardware. I also just emailed Lee at GMW. I'll see if he responds...

Any other suggestions in case Dave or Lee doesn't have them?

Anyone have any ideas on my other question regarding the production date?

I will post pics once I get the guitar put together again

Comment

mine is U15116. First I was told that it was a 2002. I called fender back a second time and was told it is a 2005. Give fender a call and see what they tell you.

Telephone: (480) 596-7195
                Fax: (480) 367-5262
                E-mail: [email protected]

Comment

It's a 2005.

Comment

Originally posted by phill_up View Post
                    You know Ben? if we spent as much time practicing as we did on here we would be famous. How about starting up a band? I like the name "Wyld Stallyns"
                    What else are you supposed to do while at work?

Comment

Tell your customers your computers are down and to call back tommorow morning (when you're not on shift)
                      Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

"Finger on the trigger, back against the wall. Counting rounds and voices, not enough to kill them all" (Ihsahn).

Comment

Sounds like a transparent finish to me. It would make sense with the chrome hardware.

It's USA select.

Comment

Working...
                        X