Floyd Trouble

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Floyd Trouble

Hey all, I have a relatively new USA Soloist. It's about 6-months old. I have noticed that the arm on the Floyd is getting looser and looser. What I mean exactly, is there is a little play in the arm before the bridge moves. I can not tighten the set screw any tighter and it does not seem to help.

I have noticed that the steel pin going through the arm that keeps the arm from being pulled out is beginning to wear away, there are not small notches from wear.

The movement in the arm is being amplified, so if I just move the arm I can hear the arm impacting inside the base. It is like a quiet low tone ping.

Any suggestions?

Have you checked to make sure the screw on the back side is tight? If not check that.

Last edited by Madness; 11-30-2008, 07:46 PM.

Comment

Thanks for the post! I tried to tighten the screw at the bottom. It was tighter than... well you choose your own euphemism! I loosed the screw and it did not make a difference. I tightened it back up and tight as I could. Still no difference. It must be something else.

Anyone else running into this issue?

Comment

Check the collar on the Floyd arm, if there is a crack in it it may not tighten as much as you'd like. Not likely to happen but I had it happen on one of mine before and its a simple visual check with nothing to disassemble so you got nothing to lose
        Rudy
        www.metalinc.net

Comment

if ya still cant get it tightened the way you like it. Replace the fitting. If ya cant do that yet try some teflon tape around the moutning post and tighten.
          Gil

Comment

Originally posted by Radiohead View Post
            I have noticed that the steel pin going through the arm that keeps the arm from being pulled out is beginning to wear away, there are not small notches from wear.
            Are you saying there IS or is NOT wear on the pin that keeps the collar from falling off? It makes no sense that there would NOT be notches on this pin if it's "beginning to wear away".

Anyway, you can order a new arm and mounting assembly from www.stewmac.com
            I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Working...
            X