Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by toejam View Post
    I assume it looks like this.

You could always take the guard off and have one made of a clear plastic plexiglass material, but you're not going to get a full flame graphic anyway since there's a hole for the electronics under there.
    I have one identical to that. I would never modify that graphic, I think its badass!
    Rudy
    www.metalinc.net

Comment

sorry diamond plate on guitars is ass

Comment

you're insane bro...keep it man!!!
        Own:
        '93 Rhoads PRO, '92 Fusion Ex, '90 Soloist PRO:, Zoom GFX-5 + moar shitty pedals, Marshall mg15 DFX

Dreamin abt:
        w/e catches my eyes ATM
        More '90 Professionals

Comment

The aforementioned clear pick guard would be the best route. It would show the whole graphic and it's easily reversible.
          "Dear Dr. Bill,
          I work with a woman who is about 5 feet tall and weighs close to 450 pounds and has more facial hair than ZZ Top." - Jack The Riffer

"OK, we can both have Ben..joint custody. I'll have him on the weekends. We could go out in my Cobra and give people the finger..weather permitting of course.." -Bill Z. Bub

Comment

Originally posted by Ben... View Post
            The aforementioned clear pick guard would be the best route. It would show the whole graphic and it's easily reversible.
            Yep, that's my vote!
            Either that or repaint the whole guitar, but I wouldn't put diamond plate on it.
            'Howling in shadows
            Living in a lunar spell
            He finds his heaven
            Spewing from the mouth of hell'

Comment

Originally posted by jrnic View Post
              Maybe you can go so far as to get EMG's and have the graphic painted to match on them too. That would look cool!
              mine has already got EMG's which I regret swapping the duncans for them...
              sounded great back then with the JB tuned to B(:
              don't get me wrong EMG's are brutal, bet they don't sound great in bright guitars in my opinion

you guys convinced me to drop the whole thing, just get a pro setup and maybe an airbrush job on the pickguard in the future.
              so about pickguards..where can i get one that has no holes in it so i can make them where i want, i think the original configuration is not that comfortable and all i need is a volume and a switch

Comment

Diamond Plate is just as childish as the Flames.

Comment

Originally posted by TruckerDave View Post
                  mine has already got EMG's which I regret swapping the duncans for them...
                  sounded great back then with the JB tuned to B(:
                  don't get me wrong EMG's are brutal, bet they don't sound great in bright guitars in my opinion

you guys convinced me to drop the whole thing, just get a pro setup and maybe an airbrush job on the pickguard in the future.
                  so about pickguards..where can i get one that has no holes in it so i can make them where i want, i think the original configuration is not that comfortable and all i need is a volume and a switch

The guy posts on here too.
                  http://www.amazon.co.uk/Steven-A.-McKay/e/B00DS0TRH6/

http://http://stevenamckay.wordpress.com/

Comment

Working...
                  X