No announcement yet.

help with pc-1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

cool..I am going to break out the meter tonight-I am working around my 2.5 year old..aka "Shadow"...man, its hard to get stuff done,esp. Xmas time-I am deep in the peaceful woods of North Alabama...45 minutes from everything, including the Wal MArt!-like I said before, I am pretty good with a Les PAul, but the PC-1 is a different animal!!thanks for hangin' with me...I have a guy waiting to buy this from me(I love it, but the neck isn't happenin' for me....too many Pauls over the years, and I just purchased a Tom Anderson...gotta move something..!)gonna dig in and see what I can see....any info on where I can buy these pcb "plugs" that the pickup wires feed into?previous owner used a plug like you find on a batt. pack in a cordless phone...it works great, but I might replace while I am at it..
    thanks!cheers!

Comment

update-the green/black wire is the mid pup -the black wire going into the plug is somewhat disconnected -it is right at the top of the plug-impossible to solder "back to the wire"...I was getting no reading on meter/hard to tell by naked eye, but the heat shrink on the black wire was bent and the wire inside was about 50% torn-the wire right above the connector had a hard bend in it,guess its from the tight fit in the cavity-easy to see where these things need kid gloves-guess its either a phone connector or the real deal...just need to find where to get those dudes...!

Comment

I went to Goodwill and bought an old cordless phone for a bout $3.00. Used the connector from that battery. Works like a charm!

Comment

Yeah, it's pretty tight in there. Very easy to break a lead wire or connector.
          Sounds like you have things in hand now.
          Northern Alabama huh?
          I have some cousins in Arab just south of Huntsville.
          Haven't been there in almost 20 years, but I remember it's nice country.
          Very quiet.
          -Rick

Comment

Once again, a big thank you!!!its all back and rocking again...I think it performs even better now than from the factory-it always had a bit of hum, but its all gone now-lefty guitars can be the butt of all things weird(my intensity knob works like a righty pot...all others are lefty pots..??)
            no one seems to know the exact specs on the connector dudes...went with the ol' cordless phone deal and it works like a charm-dead quiet-the other connector was bent and somewhat broken after my initial molestation-rick, I think you need to charge!!you seem to be the sole PC-1 master of the universe!big thanks, it was another learning experience, and that is always good!!!
            yes, Arab is very quiet..I am on the outskirts of Huntsville...not a bad music scene at all..1 hour south of Nashvegas-if you can get past all of the Stetsons and pearl snap shirts, its pretty cool-come see me-I owe you a cold one or 12...

Comment

Glad to hear you got rid of the hum.
              As for the intensity knob, it's a specialty product. Very hard to find a replacement.
              Not something you can just pickup at your local Radio Shack.
              -Rick

Comment

Working...
              X