Bout to order a new guitar

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bout to order a new guitar

So it's guitar buying time again and I'm about to get one of those "Snowblind" Soloists in a String-Thru version. My dealer said the CS could have it done in 4 months... which seems a little to good to be true. Gonna put the order in a few weeks hopefully.

If it all follows through I'll post pics when I get it

Should look just like this only String-Thru:

4 months eh?
    Popular is not the same as good
    Rare is not the same as valuable
    Worth is what someone will pay, not what you want to get

Comment

Sounds too good to be true. But it's great if it is. Post pictures when it arrives. I love the snowblind soloists. Tried to get one, but ended up with a ESP (!). The ESP didn't measure up to my Jacksons, so it was sold.
      '08 Jackson Custom Shop Soloist
      '09 Jackson Custom Shop Soloist
      '09 Fender Stratocaster American Deluxe Fatstrat
      '12 Charvel ProMod SoCal Japan
      '17 Gibson Les Paul Classic
      '13 Gibson M-III
      Taylor 214CE
      Dean 6-string Bass
      Morgan Ukulele

Comment

I saw this at NAMM last year...and its STUNNING in person! Congrats..
        but expect it in 10 months...imo

Comment

Originally posted by neilli View Post
          4 months eh?
          Yeah, four months does seems a bit aggressive. It would be nice if they lead times have come down. I am considering a new custom next year.
          http://www.jacknapalm.com/

Comment

Originally posted by neilli View Post
            4 months eh?
            Does seem a bit optimistic...

Though, who knows how the downturn in the economy has been affecting Jackson. Or if it has at all for that matter. Some of the Custom orders placed this spring showed up to customers in October/November.

Sure beats waiting 15+ months

Comment

Sure is pretty.

4 months, 14 months... eh, what's a few months give or take (IF you're getting what you want).

"Wow,... that was some of the hardest rockin ever. Hardest to listen too."
              --floydkramer

Comment

Originally posted by nhspike View Post
                Sure is pretty.

4 months, 14 months... eh, what's a few months give or take (IF you're getting what you want).

Heheh 14 months is a long time. I think the issue for many though is it's an even longer time when you were initially told 4, 6, or 8 months .

Comment

Man, is that a sick guitar! If it had a rev. headstock I'd lose my mind right now.
                  8 strings? Because 6 is too easy?

Comment

Ya I laughed pretty hard to when they told me 4 months. But like somebody said, maybe the economy has cut down the number of orders. Didn't that dude with the KV w/ Black and Red bevels get his in 4 months?

When I order it I'm expecting a 6-8 month wait if I'm lucky. As long as its not like 10 months I won't complain. Wish me luck!

Comment

Good luck - I think the quickest I got a CS order through was 14 months....
                      Popular is not the same as good
                      Rare is not the same as valuable
                      Worth is what someone will pay, not what you want to get

Comment

I recived my custom KV in about 6 months.
                        Last edited by themisfit138; 12-05-2008, 02:04 AM.

Comment

this would be insanely cool with black hardware...
                          but the chrome still suits it,great choice (:

Comment

a german dealer still has a soloist snow blind

as well as the sick tribal RR

'97 KV1 alder

Comment

I officially ordered it last Monday from Nick at Piney Hills Music. I had some minor bullshit with another dealer, which turned out to work for the better and now I'm with Piney Hills.

I ended up changing some minor specs from the one you guys see in the picture; it's got a 24.75" scale length, String-Thru, Seymour Duncan Blackouts, and No battery box (IMO the less wood routed the better)

A GIGANTICALLY HUGE thanks to Brian aka McD for helping me get this off the ground and get everything rollin'. As said before, McD is the fuckin' man!

And another HUGE thanks to Nick at Piney Hills Music for helping me out and getting me a killer price on it! Obviouslly I can't say how much, but I will say I am very satisfied He's easily the best dealer I've ever done buisness with! If you're in the market for a CS Jackson (or any guitar for that matter) he's the guy to go to

I will post pics as soon as I get it (it'll be a while though lol)

Comment

Working...
                              X