No announcement yet.

Public service announcement for CS orders with EMGs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How about something like this? Seems like the silver bullet for this problem.
    There is no "team" in "Fuck You!"

Comment

Originally posted by Joelski View Post
      How about something like this? Seems like the silver bullet for this problem.
      I dont like the idea of something interupting the line between the out jack of my guitar and my amp unless its a pedal.

Comment

Originally posted by AK47 View Post
        I dont like the idea of something interupting the line between the out jack of my guitar and my amp unless its a pedal.
        Agreed.

The less bullshit between my guitar and my amp the better as far as I am concerned.

Comment

Originally posted by Newc View Post
          On the issue of missing wood = missing tone: the mass of the wood that is removed for a battery box (including the screw holes and wiring passthrough) is less than the combined mass of the box, battery, and wire. Same with a Floyd - the wood removed weighs less than the hardware added. Ergo, more mass = more sustain.
          Thank you for some common sense! If you can actually hear a "tonal difference" from the amount of wood removed from routing out a battery box, you shouldn't be on this site......

(meaning working for the FBI/CIA/Military/etc.............)
          Last edited by 777; 12-08-2008, 09:56 AM.
          "When a naked man is chasing a woman through an ally with a butcher's knife and a hard-on, I figure he isn't out collecting for the Red Cross"............ Dirty Harry

Comment

Originally posted by 777 View Post
            Thank you for some common sense! If you can actually hear a "tonal difference" from the amount of wood removed from routing out a battery box, you shouldn't be on this site......

(meaning working for the FBI/CIA/Military/etc.............)
            Doh! You blew my cover!

but seriously real life experience with me was a neck thru ESP Hanneman with battery box and a ESP hanneman neck thru without and there was a difference in tone. Wood was the same just inlays and paint were different. Anyone could tell there was a difference.

Comment

It's not possible. Barring construction differences masked by the paint (i.e. different quality of wood) or setup differences (pickup/bridge height/coil age, etc), you'd have to be imposing psychological preconceptions to detect a difference in tone.
              I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

It's a cool idea, but I had no idea the battery box route was so offensive...

(As already stated...) If your putting in EMG's the normal guy will never hear the difference anyway...
                Hardware: all black, all the time.

Comment

Not the point of collecting. The point is less wood less tone and you can have a battery box put into the control cavity instead of routing the wood. Unless you are are using something like a PC1 mentioned above where the electronics take up the whole entire cavity.
                  Less wood, less tone? jesus
                  The lighter and thinner a guitar is the better it sounds. My favorite guitars are the Jackson SLSMGs, COWs, Ibanez sabers, and Parker Flys.. all of which are substantially lighter and thinner than most guitars.
                  You can hang a giant boat anchor off your neck and hit muddy note after muddy note all you want. Progressive thinkers play light guitars.

Comment

Originally posted by arbiter View Post
                    Progressive thinkers play light guitars.
                    My 10.5 lb. Heritage Les Paul disagrees with you. In fact, it wants to crush you with its imposing weight and tone.

Seriously, though, debating the tonal difference that a battery box makes is absurd. Covering a guitar in a thick poly finish does more to rob a guitar of tone than having a battery box could ever do. And even then, my '90 Soloist Pro with poly finish is a magnificent-sounding guitar.

Comment

Originally posted by pro-fusion View Post
                      Seriously, though, debating the tonal difference that a battery box makes is absurd.
                      Agreed! Especially when 95% of us plug them into Distortion Monsters............
                      "When a naked man is chasing a woman through an ally with a butcher's knife and a hard-on, I figure he isn't out collecting for the Red Cross"............ Dirty Harry

Comment

but seriously real life experience with me was a neck thru ESP Hanneman with battery box and a ESP hanneman neck thru without and there was a difference in tone. Wood was the same just inlays and paint were different. Anyone could tell there was a difference.
                        Guitars sound different, period. You could route the exact same amount of wood out of the other, finish it the same and they'd be exactly as you mentioned. Less wood out is a good idea yeah, but theres nothing to prove it will change the tone of a guitar. What you experience is different guitars sound different. Which they all do.

Comment

I really like this idea I'm gonna have to grab me a 1/2 dozen of them covers very cool!

thanks for pointing that out AK
                          “The modern definition of "racist" is "someone who is winning an argument with a liberal”

Comment

Originally posted by bibz View Post
                            Guitars sound different, period. You could route the exact same amount of wood out of the other, finish it the same and they'd be exactly as you mentioned. Less wood out is a good idea yeah, but theres nothing to prove it will change the tone of a guitar. What you experience is different guitars sound different. Which they all do.
                            +1. You'd have to take a guitar without a battery box, see how it sounds, then route it for a battery box and see if there's really any tone difference afterwards.
                            I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Everytime I see this thread listed on forum page it reads ; 'public service announcment' ............with guitar !!!!!!!

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

sorry for temporary derailment ,continue

Merry Christmass all
                              Jay
                              Enjoying a rum and coke, just didn't have any coke...

Comment

Originally posted by arbiter View Post
                                Less wood, less tone? jesus
                                The lighter and thinner a guitar is the better it sounds. My favorite guitars are the Jackson SLSMGs, COWs, Ibanez sabers, and Parker Flys.. all of which are substantially lighter and thinner than most guitars.
                                You can hang a giant boat anchor off your neck and hit muddy note after muddy note all you want. Progressive thinkers play light guitars.
                                The point of this thread is if you are going to order a CS in the future do not order a seperate battery box.

I am not saying the battery box makes a guitar sound like shit. I do think unnessasary routing of the wood does impact the overall tone of a guitar. The Batter box guitars I had still sounded good but I beleive they could have sounded even better without the battery box. Thats my opinion and a few well known luthiers agree with me.

Comment

Working...
                                X