No announcement yet.

Freakin Troll has to go..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'd trade if to someone with a non-graphic PC1. Way less work, for a factory quality finish.

Comment

Hate to say it, but it isnt one of my favorite graphics either. They were done on the lower end of the spectrum cost wise to help keep things less expensive. But, If I were you, I would consider selling or trading the instrument. You will not strip it down and find a beautiful maple top. As many of these guitars that are out there with out graphics, why the hell would you buy this then consider stripping it? Seems very foolish way to spend your money these days. I would be happy to refinish it for you, but you will be shocked at the price. Especially if you are going to go with Candy red flake job.
      If you do decide to refinish, make sure you take it to some one who knows the subtle but important details when finishing instruments.
      Custom Guitars, Refinish and restorations.
      http://www.learnguitars.com

Comment

Definitely sell it to buy another, or trade it for one in a finish you're more interested in.

If you trade it for an Au Natural, it would be easier to strip and refin, but then you're toasting a nice maple top.
        I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Originally posted by Learn Guitars View Post
          Hate to say it, but it isnt one of my favorite graphics either. They were done on the lower end of the spectrum cost wise to help keep things less expensive. But, If I were you, I would consider selling or trading the instrument. You will not strip it down and find a beautiful maple top. As many of these guitars that are out there with out graphics, why the hell would you buy this then consider stripping it? Seems very foolish way to spend your money these days. I would be happy to refinish it for you, but you will be shocked at the price. Especially if you are going to go with Candy red flake job.
          If you do decide to refinish, make sure you take it to some one who knows the subtle but important details when finishing instruments.
          To answer your question. I got it new for less than $1500...now does the refinish plan make sense? I have to tell you, Fuller's is selling these things for just shrt of $4000, which seems a little high for the lower end of the cost spectrum. On top of that, I don't think they've sold one (yet). Who the heck is bucking up [for a Bizarro design]?....Music Zoo just tried to give one awayt on Ebay for around $1700; no takers!

I'd be happy to do most of the work myself. Stripping and prep are simple. I could have Third Coast Guitars in or Cremer's (in Illinois) or Marty Bell do the work. They all do great work and for a song no less. TCG will do it for $200 w/clear!

Hopefully, your not offended but if so I'm sorry. I love the guitar but I'm not thrilled with the paint scheme. I'm sure many people like it and hopefully, those that spent $4000 on one, won't be offended since you just kind of trashed it yourself. I just I'd be happier with it if the troll were long gone.
          Last edited by Eddie_van_trailerpark; 12-07-2008, 07:45 PM.

Comment

Not offended at all. Like I said, it was never one of my favorite designs. 1500 is a good price for no matter what design it has on it. HEHEHE. I'm not allowed to discuss the pricing that Jackson paid me, but can tell you that they do mark up subcontrator work no matter who it is. Just because I didnt find it my favorite isnt trashing it. Not in the least. I have learned that through MAN>>>MANY years as an artist, that everyone is different and has different tastes. That is what makes us all different. Im not trashing anyones taste when I admit that it isnt my favorite... Didnt see that connection.
            Todays economy is a direct reflection of anyone trying to sell a guitar in this price range. People are holding on to their cash. I am honestly surprised that all guitar companies arent suffering somewhat.

That price for bare wood finish for 200 bones is a good price. Try not to mangle the wood when stripping it. And I would hope that if anyone is refinishing a guitar...That the price includes a clear coat...IF not, I would consider another painter.

Not insulted, just offering advice from a different perspective.
            Last edited by Learn Guitars; 12-07-2008, 09:43 PM.

Comment

Mike, I'm curious...how exactly was the paint work on the Bizarro guitars cost reduced? The graphic looks like it has a lot of color and detail going on, and doesn't look "low end" to me at all.

Comment

It was a lower end design chosen by HQ. I submitted coneptuals and this is one that made the cut. It is a masked design. They got a break in price for the batch quantity. Not a bunch of freehand work. Average time was lower than most of the guitars I do for FMIC.

Hope that helps bro.
                Mike

Comment

Good lord ! Sell it for $1600.00 and take that money, and buy a plain black PC-1 for $1450.00! There have been 3 of them for sale in the last
                  month! Dont sand that down!!

Comment

Originally posted by Robert Burns View Post
                    Good lord ! Sell it for $1600.00 and take that money, and buy a plain black PC-1 for $1450.00! There have been 3 of them for sale in the last
                    month! Dont sand that down!!
                    Big +1 on that.
                    "Dear Dr. Bill,
                    I work with a woman who is about 5 feet tall and weighs close to 450 pounds and has more facial hair than ZZ Top." - Jack The Riffer

"OK, we can both have Ben..joint custody. I'll have him on the weekends. We could go out in my Cobra and give people the finger..weather permitting of course.." -Bill Z. Bub

Comment

Working...
                    X