No announcement yet.

sorry: another serial number question!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think it would be nice to add any serial number information that people choose to share to the resources section of the site.
    Scott

Comment

My SL2H is #U19000, final inspection date: 5-18-2007. Maybe that will help you guys!

Additional:

Neckdress: J
      Assembly: KM
      Wiring: either LB our KB
      Set-up: SS
      Final Inspection: KG

Anyone got full names on those shorts?
      '87 Jackson RR Custom Shop

Comment

Originally posted by phill_up View Post
        what about this serial # ? 004541
        The closest I've got a date for is U04308 which is 3/27/01. Sorry I couldn't get closer.
        I'm not afraid to bleed, but I won't do it for you.

Comment

Serial Number about a 1999 Jackson

What's going on guys. I am totally stumped. I have been trying for years now on trying to find out when,where, and what type of Jackson I have. The serial number is 99110488. Any ideas??? I appreciate it!

Comment

I'm in a similar boat tm. Even though I bought the thing 2 decades ago or so, the only thing I know is the serial number is 4978 and that it was built in San Dimas in 87 or 88 (?).
            Yesterday is history; tomorrow is a mystery; but today is a gift; that's why it is called the present.

Comment

wetrx95, if yours is a bolt-on with a San Dimas neckplate it was made between '87 and '89 in Ontario CA. Only plates up to #1505 went on San Dimas built guitars, plates 1506 - 7303 were used after the move to Ontario, and they weren't used in order. Here's the serial # info page:

You may be able to narrow the year down a bit more if it has a Jackson licensed floyd on it. JT-6 trem for '87 and most of '88, JT-590 for late '88 and '89. There may also be some markings in the neck pocket that may date it.

Comment

dg, thanks for the info. I did a google search and found this page: http://audiozone.dk/index-filer/Trem...ect.htm#frorig which might be a great resource for our community. Anyway, as I was looking through, I beleive I have a JT - 6. Here's a pic of my trem:

You can't really tell (horrible photo), but the left side of the trem says Floyd Rose.

Also, I'm reaally dumb when it comes to anything but playing and minor detail type stuff, but...what is the neck pocket? Thanks again.
                Last edited by wetrx95; 12-24-2008, 11:16 AM. Reason: Image too small
                Yesterday is history; tomorrow is a mystery; but today is a gift; that's why it is called the present.

Comment

I'm sorry I didn't respond any more in this topic, my PC died a few weeks ago. I guess I owe you some pics!

And thanks for the help you guys. And happy new year by the way!
                  www.bodyfarmdeathmetal.com
                  www.facebook.com/bodyfarmdeathmetal
                  www.metalblade.com/bodyfarm

Comment

Y

You don't have a JT-6, or a 590. You have a real Floyd if it says Floyd Rose on it. Probably came with a JT-6, and was upgraded. Is the locking nut at the nut, or behind the nut?
                    Originally posted by wetrx95 View Post
                    dg, thanks for the info. I did a google search and found this page: http://audiozone.dk/index-filer/Trem...ect.htm#frorig which might be a great resource for our community. Anyway, as I was looking through, I beleive I have a JT - 6. Here's a pic of my trem:

You can't really tell (horrible photo), but the left side of the trem says Floyd Rose.

Also, I'm reaally dumb when it comes to anything but playing and minor detail type stuff, but...what is the neck pocket? Thanks again.

Comment

Working...
                    X