about a custom Jackson KE

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• about a custom Jackson KE

Hi. I know that there so many Jackson experts and Marty fans here. anyone can comment on the guitar here in the link below. it's said that marty once used it in 94-95? thanks
    http://www.echoguitar.com/read.php?tid=1576&toread=1

The only description is the pattern: gargoyle
    The neck is made of birdeye maple. custom code is J6154.

Comment

the 1st I have seen of it, sorry I'm no help.
      Welcome to the forum!

Comment

I'm probably wrong, but wasn't that guitar supposedly linked to Criss Oliva ? I remember seeing it on ebay a while back, but the details are a bit fuzzy
        I'm not afraid to bleed, but I won't do it for you.

Comment

Originally posted by Phantom Hawk View Post
          I'm probably wrong, but wasn't that guitar supposedly linked to Criss Oliva ? I remember seeing it on ebay a while back, but the details are a bit fuzzy
          hi. Yeah, 4 me its a big puzzle. Who else know the details can explain why
          Criss change its esp's logo into J. And I couldn't find the original pic of his guitar. any relationship between these two gargoyle graphics?

Comment

Originally posted by JasonMarty View Post
            any relationship between these two gargoyle graphics?
            they're strictly platonic .

Merry Christmass all
            Jay
            Enjoying a rum and coke, just didn't have any coke...

Comment

Originally posted by Jayster View Post
              they're strictly platonic .

Merry Christmass all
              Jay
              Only in public.
              "Dear Dr. Bill,
              I work with a woman who is about 5 feet tall and weighs close to 450 pounds and has more facial hair than ZZ Top." - Jack The Riffer

"OK, we can both have Ben..joint custody. I'll have him on the weekends. We could go out in my Cobra and give people the finger..weather permitting of course.." -Bill Z. Bub

Comment

Silly pictures take for everrrrr to load.

Comment

Translation from Babelfish:

(已 售) 94 year 产 绝 edition sparrow eye hand 绘 gargoyle graphic KE CUSTOM SHOP JACKSON 94 year 产 the one bundle yes 见 专 贵 koto 头 虽 sinking possession hitting CUSTOMSHOP letter 样 但 certain person in mark 90 bundle CUSTOMSHOP 些 the CUSTOM right sinking possession hitting 但 four rank numeric CUSTOM 编 number J6154 concrete yes resident in http://www.jacksonguitars.com/resour...ialnumbers.php 查 询 这 handle 绘 possession use 此 koto concrete thought before the KE CUSTOM SHOP these resident in MARTY FRIEDMAN 许 multi 巡 performing 开 场 证 实 mark friend yes from here 发 E MAIL arriving at MARTY FRIEDMAN official one 网 或 什 么 the mark 查 询 counter the righteousness 这 个 其 the next 图Right gargoyle graphic 图 应 该 right SAVATAGE COVER 艺 术 house GARY SMITH work koto 颈 right 顶 级 很 old age sparrow eye 枫 wooden coming production for mark 鸟 eye 风 wooden extraordinary yellow 估 计 right 现 the one 个 钮 engaging in right in for the resident in 很 难 找 arriving at koto our 带 CUSTOM 电 road 其 it comes and the 控 system timbre 变 conversion emergency cow B resident in koto 头 附 带 两 个 tool harmony field equipment oversize JACKSON 盒 child possession 几 个 local 碰 lacquer item 丝 磨 损 极 little 带 three 个 SD picking up sound instrument somatotype number non- right is thick the neat 带 电 magnetic 驱 动 timbre emergency super 开 losing true 时 merely talent site shaking coming modification 那 个 气 势… 做 现 场 绝 对 tremble… 联 system QQ: 113379204 电 话 right 实 thing beat of 13726329066 or less 摄 mark 图 piece
                  So there was some sort of emergency cow deployed, and a child trembled, and it was righteous.
                  I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Hi. thanx a lot, Newc.
                    here is the translation by Exdeath from harmony-central.
                    There might be no 'Custom Shop' under the headstock logo, but some Custom Shop guitars were built like that, and the four-digit serial number J6154 shows up in Jackson's online serial number database at http://www.jacksonguitars.com/resour...ialnumbers.php (broken link, new Jackson website at http://www.jacksonguitars.com/suppor...ductdating.php shows this serial number as being a '94 Ontario custom neck-thru? It's weird, since bolt-on guitars have their serials on the neck plate and neck-thrus have the serial on the last fret - could be a one-off, though. Ask Jackson?).

Marty played this guitar in a lot of arenas and concerts. People concerned about the authenticity of this guitar should e-mail Marty himself or his website managers to confirm. The graphic is done by Savatage cover artist Gary Smith.

Neck is premium birdseye maple, and very yellow, so it's probably pretty old wood - hard to find for luthiers these days. It has custom wiring - one of the knobs is for the Jackson active on-board fixed wah circuit. Comes with two tools (adjustment wrenches?) and Jackson case. There's several chips and minor wear on the guitar itself. 3 Seymour Duncan pickups, unsure what model number they are. They sound fierce as hell.

Comment

USA bolt on Kelly? Hmm.

Comment

Originally posted by Axewielder View Post
                        USA bolt on Kelly? Hmm.
                        yep

Comment

Originally posted by Axewielder View Post
                          USA bolt on Kelly? Hmm.
                          Originally posted by JasonMarty View Post
                          yep
                          wow - a rarity for certain !!!
                          Enjoying a rum and coke, just didn't have any coke...

Comment

Working...
                          X