Obtaining a USA Jackson neck.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Obtaining a USA Jackson neck.

Greetings Jackson board! I have a few questions in regaurd to obtaining a USA neck for my jackson RR3. It was my first electric guitar and is very special to me. Is it possible to order a custom shop neck only? The reason being is because I would like mother of pearl inlay in the jackson logo as well as the shark teeth. I know this if possible would be quite costly but still cheaper than an R1. Any tips or advice would be greatly appreciated.

Can't

Can't order necks from Jackson...they just don't do it. But you can watch ebay...there was one on there ending pretty soon...

Here ya go:

Comment

Just warning you; that's gonna be an insanely hard thing to find. Especially if you want both MOP inlays and the logo. The only bolt-on non-CS model with what you are looking for nowadays is the DK1 but that has 24 frets so it won't intonate. You may be able to find it from an older model but the chances of that are still slim. I don't want to sound harsh but I'm just being realistic. If you can sacrifice the MOP logo you can get a replacement neck and just put a Jackson logo on it.

Good luck!
      "Dear Dr. Bill,
      I work with a woman who is about 5 feet tall and weighs close to 450 pounds and has more facial hair than ZZ Top." - Jack The Riffer

"OK, we can both have Ben..joint custody. I'll have him on the weekends. We could go out in my Cobra and give people the finger..weather permitting of course.." -Bill Z. Bub

Comment

^

Yea hes right, basically the only neck that will work for you and have mother of pearl inlays and logo is the early versions of the DK1 and the chances of finding one of those necks for sale is slim to none.. sorry .

Comment

Thanks guys, I'm not to dead set on getting mop in the jackson name. Which neck would be the right one for my RR3?

Comment

Basically the older DK1 neck with 22 frets. Newer DK1's come with 24 frets.

Another posibility if you aren't dead set on a USA neck (and I'm not 100% sure if this would work) would be 22 fret necks from the Model series or XL series that had MOP sharkies. You'd have to change the logo from Charvel to Jackson.

Comment

Another possible-but-rare-chance-of-it-happening option is the neck of an RR2 or DR2 - both USA-made bolt-ons with ebony fretboards, but they have no inlays and painted/screened logo.

Then again if you do see a complete version of either one, grab it. Most folks avoid the RR2 because of the "it's not neckthrough" paranoia, so you'll probably get it cheap.
              I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Working...
              X