Duncan TB-11 and TB-APH1 in SL2H?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by toejam View Post
    The Tone Zone is a great pickup. I actually put one in place of the Custom 5 in my old Charvel Star, and it definitely brought it to life. It's really not all that hot either, but it's got some balls to the low mids and bass. The Custom 5 seemed a little hollow in it with its relaxed/scooped mids.
    Yeah, the tone Zone sounded to me like it had more Oomph to it than other pickups regardless of whether they call it medium output or not. In fact I thought it was a high output pickup. I plan to use it more.
    Rudy
    www.metalinc.net

Comment

Originally posted by Mickey_C View Post
      I've cranked the guitar now with the modified JB, but it's still not right for me. It killed some of the top on the pickup but too much, and the bottom is a bit too spongy. What I am really looking for is that PAF on steroids.

Have you used the TB-14 in an alder body soloist? I think that's my next step.
      The tone zone is killer, having said that I have TB-14's in most of my alder Charvel SD's and I love it. If you're looking for a PAF on steroids, the TZ might pull that off better.

Comment

Working...
      X