Awww damnit :-(

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Awww damnit :-(

Man, I was hoping this wouldn't happen.....

-Steve
    Guitars:
    '04 Jackson SL1 - Flametop Cabo Blue Trans Burst
    '94 Charvel Predator - Fire Crackle
    '77 Ibanez LP Custom Copy - Black
    Amp:
    VOX AD30VT

Can't tell from the pics what happened. Is that a crack just below the nut?:think:

Comment

Looks like it...
      Popular is not the same as good
      Rare is not the same as valuable
      Worth is what someone will pay, not what you want to get

Comment

after much scrutiny I'm 99% sure its just in the clearcoat.
        Guitars:
        Amp:
        VOX AD30VT

Comment

Looks like the clearcoat I wouldn't worry about it.
          Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

I thought you were complaining because the headstock was built backwards.
            -------------------------
            Blank yo!

Comment

Originally posted by Grandturk View Post
              I thought you were complaining because the headstock was built backwards.

Damnit, you're right! Think the warranty will cover that?
              Guitars:
              Amp:
              VOX AD30VT

Comment

Originally posted by straycat View Post
                Looks like the clearcoat I wouldn't worry about it.
                Yeah, I'm sure you're right, it's probably nothing structural, but it's the principal of the thing. I paid a lot of money for this guitar, I shouldn't have cracked clear coat on a 2 month old guitar. I guess the question is, "do I send it back to Jackson to fix and wait another 6 months, or just suck it up and accept it as being part of the guitar's 'character'"?

Knowing me I'll huff and puff about it for a while and then just say the hell with it and keep it the way it is.

-Steve
                Guitars:
                Amp:
                VOX AD30VT

Comment

Originally posted by UFORocks View Post
                  Yeah, I'm sure you're right, it's probably nothing structural, but it's the principal of the thing. I paid a lot of money for this guitar, I shouldn't have cracked clear coat on a 2 month old guitar. I guess the question is, "do I send it back to Jackson to fix and wait another 6 months, or just suck it up and accept it as being part of the guitar's 'character'"?

Knowing me I'll huff and puff about it for a while and then just say the hell with it and keep it the way it is.

-Steve
                  i think that depends on what type of person you are. i would send it back because i'd be pissed as hell. but if you don't really care, then keep it.

Comment

Facts:

1. It doesn't affect playability or tone.
                    2. Resale value is already shot because it was sold, and therefore is considered used.
                    I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Originally posted by Newc View Post
                      Facts:

1. It doesn't affect playability or tone.
                      2. Resale value is already shot because it was sold, and therefore is considered used.

Resale? Damn, you don't gotta be mean like that.
                      Guitars:
                      Amp:
                      VOX AD30VT

Comment

If it is not effecting anything other than cosmetic looks then personally I would say fuck it and just keep it. How often do people see that part of the neck anyway? If your on stage there's no way in hell anyway body would notice something that small. But... if it really bothers you then you should send it in and get it repaired.

Comment

it's next to impossible for me to keep a guitar I am going to play the hell out of mint so I'd overlook it like I just dropped cig ashes myself......

I have a couple guitars I keep mint they hang on walls or sit in cases. players are subject to abuse.

but then I just gave my custom shop road rash & could care less & then went & snapped the neck off a maple board les paul & shrugged that off as well...
                          “The modern definition of "racist" is "someone who is winning an argument with a liberal”

Comment

i have enough guitars that i dont care about waiting 6 months for them to fix a crack on a guitar thats 2 months old that costs over 2K..... i'd send it back . ... but thats just me

Comment

What impacted it to cause the crack? Dont want to sound like im provoking a scuffle, but generally paint doesnt just crack for the fun of it if it is properly applied. Especially Polyester. If it did, it would crack in alot of places. You will see fractures in laquer after many years, but I'm sure yours isnt laquer. These fracture lines are usually caused by stress. You may have a problem with the way the guitar is in storage or possibly got knocked out of a stand when you weren't around. The wood can reflex and rebound to its natural state, but unfortunately, the polyester is very fragile in these conditions. It is often the case with the stress lines on bolt on guitars near the neck pocket.
                              Custom Guitars, Refinish and restorations.
                              http://www.learnguitars.com

Comment

Working...
                              X