No announcement yet.

Awww damnit :-(

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'd send it back. It's two months old and the clear is already cracked? Not acceptable.
    Scott

Comment

I'm still waiting on mine to turn up. I hope it doesn't fuck up too. Any word off the other guys in on this run if their's are OK or not?
      Last edited by IM04; 12-21-2008, 03:27 PM.

Comment

Man, that guitar is ruined. You need to strip the neck, oil it, and send it to me.
        I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Originally posted by Learn Guitars View Post
          What impacted it to cause the crack? Dont want to sound like im provoking a scuffle, but generally paint doesnt just crack for the fun of it if it is properly applied. Especially Polyester. If it did, it would crack in alot of places. You will see fractures in laquer after many years, but I'm sure yours isnt laquer. These fracture lines are usually caused by stress. You may have a problem with the way the guitar is in storage or possibly got knocked out of a stand when you weren't around. The wood can reflex and rebound to its natural state, but unfortunately, the polyester is very fragile in these conditions. It is often the case with the stress lines on bolt on guitars near the neck pocket.
          Considering that this is my first brand new guitar, and a limited run at that, I have babied this thing since I got it. Unless it's within eye sight the guitar stays in the case laying flat. It has not be dropped, dinged, bumped, or even blown on too hard since I got it.

I did hang it on the wall once with my other guitars for pics, but promptly took it down and played it, and then put it away when I was done. Maybe hanging it once was enough? Never had this problem with the SL1 and it spends almost all its time on the hanger now, lol

-Steve
          Last edited by UFORocks; 12-21-2008, 03:51 PM.
          Guitars:
          '04 Jackson SL1 - Flametop Cabo Blue Trans Burst
          '94 Charvel Predator - Fire Crackle
          '77 Ibanez LP Custom Copy - Black
          Amp:
          VOX AD30VT

Comment

To each his own. My own is that if I bought it new I wouldn't think for more than half a second about complaining and sending it back under warranty. As far as resale, I don't know the value but I do know that when selling, the last thing you want to be talking about are finish cracks in the neck that "don't affect the playability".

Comment

Originally posted by Tonelover View Post
              To each his own. My own is that if I bought it new I wouldn't think for more than half a second about complaining and sending it back under warranty. As far as resale, I don't know the value but I do know that when selling, the last thing you want to be talking about are finish cracks in the neck that "don't affect the playability".
              Yeah, but if I send this back Im going to be looking at a good 6 month wait before I'll see it again. I have to be realistic too, with the play time this guitar is gonna see I'm sure it will get another ding or two at least. Not saying that I dont keep my stuff nice, but if it gets a little beat from use over the years then "That's Rock n Roll". I didnt buy it to sit in the case and look pretty, and I don't plan on ever selling it.

*shrug* I guess it's just disappointing that something like this happened so early on. I'll consider this the first part of the "Relic-ing process", lol.

-Steve
              Guitars:
              Amp:
              VOX AD30VT

Comment

Can't really see the crack in too much detail from the pics. I agree with everything everyone has said. But, before you accept it as is, I would make sure that it is only the clear coat that is cracked.

Comment

hmmm I'd say that maybe someone had it out of the case and dropped it om a carpeted surface?

Comment

Originally posted by Brooke View Post
                    hmmm I'd say that maybe someone had it out of the case and dropped it om a carpeted surface?

Not a chance. Only other person here is my wife and she hasnt touched it. I think it may have been from the wall hanger.
                    Guitars:
                    Amp:
                    VOX AD30VT

Comment

Originally posted by UFORocks View Post
                      Not a chance. Only other person here is my wife and she hasnt touched it. I think it may have been from the wall hanger.
                      I shouldn't think a wall hanger could do that much damage to a guitar. I imagine the strings probably put shitloads more tension on the neck than hanging it for 5 minutes can.

Comment

Send it back and have it replaced and or repaired.
                        CURRENT GEAR SET UP
                        2005 JACKSON SOLOIST
                        1989 JACKSON KING V
                        1984 JACKSON RR
                        AXE FX II
                        MESA BOOGIE 2:90
                        DMC GROUND CONTROL PRO
                        FURMAN POWER CONDITIONER
                        (2) MESA BOOGIE 4X12 RECTO CABINETS
                        (2) MESA BOOGIE 2X12 RECTO CABINETS

Comment

Send it back. Hanging the guitar like they do in the shops isn't going to cause that.

Comment

Working...
                          X