School Me Please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• School Me Please

ok I've heard an awful lot about the short scale of the Fusion, I understand they made both a U.S. & a import series.

I've seen bolt on imports... did they make a neck thru??? or were they all bolt on??

I've got the small pecker pullers so the short scale is drawing my attention much more these days...

I feel myself grab for the JJ2 over the soloist these last few weeks even though there is no trem the neck feels like silk... & it's chunky as hell just not wide

Gasp!!! freakin soloist feels so damn wide after a while on the JJ2 I'm thinking of converting......

these fusions....24 fret??? thin necks???

thanks & a big pardon for my ignorance

mabey I should of posted this in general talk feel free to move it if need be.......
    Last edited by Mr.C; 12-21-2008, 01:10 AM.
    “The modern definition of "racist" is "someone who is winning an argument with a liberal”

another question Fusions mop or moto???

please Fusion owners step up & give me your thoughts opinions I am seriously considering going short scale....................

& I suppose pics won't hurt...............
    Last edited by Mr.C; 12-21-2008, 01:18 AM.
    “The modern definition of "racist" is "someone who is winning an argument with a liberal”

Comment

USA Fusions are MOP and 24 frets. The necks seem thin because of the short scale. The nuts also feel narrow for the same reason.
      I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

are they all bolt on's bro?

Comment

The JJ2 is standard 25.5" scale.
          I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

I know that the JJ2 scale is 25.5 scale & I really can't explain why it feels so damn different to me from say a sl2h but it does the sl2h just feels wide strange but after playing the JJ2 a while & grabbing a soloist the damn soloist feels wide in the neck

gotta be the binding

ok just out of curiosity & quickly I measured the JJ2 neck 1 11/16
            & a sl2h 1 13/16 with a tape & we will not even talk DK's cause much wider......
            Last edited by Mr.C; 12-21-2008, 02:04 AM.

Comment

Maybe the JJ2 just has a more narrow neck, they might have made it to Scott Ian's specs and not the typical wide Jackson fingerboard.
              I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

it's something bro I mean to tell ya cause it just feels so different & this giving that the JJ2 neck is chunky.... but back to the fusions all bolt on???

Comment

I can't speak for the imports, but all USA Fusions were bolt-on, 24 fret, 24.75" scale. Typically, they had graphic finishes, though there are some solid colors out there. They were H-S-S with the 1500 boost circuit. I think the neck is pretty thin. It feels as wide as my Model series Charvels, but thinner front to back. Mine has MOP inlays and logo with binding.

All of them have the scooped out treble horn and the recessed neck plate.

Killer playing guitars. I never got down with the boost circuit and pulled it for Duncans with single volume and a hum splitter.

Mine's bikini beach - a lot of them were Bikini Beach or sunset graphics, though you also see starfields and neon flashy finishes. I've never seen a Warbird fusion, though that would be cool. In fact, I don't recall ever seeing a Fusion with an "evil" finish - skulls, lightning, etc... though they may be out there. The rare early finishes apparantly had some dolphins jumping between the neck and middle pickups

-------------------------
                  Blank yo!

Comment

All the Jackson necks I've owned that had binding were wider than 1 11/16" (or 1 5/8" for those). The binding adds width to the neck. The unbound necks do feel more narrow.

As well, a fatter neck will force your fingers to curve more, thus presenting the illusion they are more narrow than a thinner neck, which doesn't force your fingers to curve.

My DX7 neck feels more narrow than the CS 7-string WR I had, which had a KV neck profile.
                    I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Working...
                    X