tuners (machine)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• tuners (machine)

I'm looking to get some chrome machine tuners for one of my DK1's, but want some from the USA line (I believe that are made in Japan??) I know the import tuners come from Korea. Where can I get some USA stock parts?
    "Some days you're the dog, other days you're the hydrant." - on the back of the business card for Bella the Pomeranian

The comments expressed here do not necessarily reflect the opinions of management.

I don't think any tuners are made in the US anymore. I could be wrong.
    -------------------------
    Blank yo!

Comment

I think the Grovers and Sperzels are made/assembled in the US - whether or not all of the machining is done in the US would be questionable.

Comment

+1

My Fav=Sperzels
        Tone is like Art: Your opinion is valid. Listen, learn, have fun, draw your own conclusions.

Comment

Originally posted by Grandturk View Post
          I don't think any tuners are made in the US anymore. I could be wrong.
          I believe the tuners on the USA guitar lines are made in Japan. Anyone know where I can get some of those Japanese made tuners? I don't care for the Korean made ones.
          "Some days you're the dog, other days you're the hydrant." - on the back of the business card for Bella the Pomeranian

The comments expressed here do not necessarily reflect the opinions of management.

Comment

Stew-mac sells Gotoh. FWIW if you have a locking nut the tuners are a moot point.
            Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

Originally posted by straycat View Post
              Stew-mac sells Gotoh. FWIW if you have a locking nut the tuners are a moot point.
              Agreed so long as they are decent enough that they don't fall apart. Just get some basic black Gotoh's. If you NEED them to say "Jackson" check ebay - most Charvel or Jackson guitars since 1986 came with black Gotoh's so there's a S-load of them out there.
              -------------------------
              Blank yo!

Comment

Working...
              X