Deciding Between SL1 or SL2H?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by zyx345 View Post
    Thanks to all for all of the replies. Additional replies are welcome as well.

Most of my guitars have been in the "HH" setup except for an Ibanez RG and EBMM Luke II I had which I never used the middle pickup on. The above post is interesting regarding using the middle pickup as an anchor for sweeps.

My ideal setup would be a bridge humbucker and a single coil neck. I played both the SL2H and SL1 at my local dealer but part of my problem is that both guitars felt really nice and the sales guy kept talking to me as I was playing so it was hard to get a good feel for the guitar.

Can anyone also comment if there is a volume drop between the humbucker bridge pickup and the single coil neck pickup on an SL1?

No volume drop that I've ever noticed.
    The SL1's singles are actually stacked humbuckers. SD Classic Stacks.
    Single coil chime, no hum.
    Build a man a fire and he's warm for a day, set a man on fire and he's warm for the rest of his life.

Comment

Originally posted by Flatpicker View Post
      That may be, But my question still stands,
      How much pick do you have hitting the strings to hit the pup?

It's gotta be about half the length of the pick.
      I have the HSS in my charvel and you are right it has never been a problem for me. I'm not sure who ever posted that meant that it actually got in the way or it was just a figure of speech meaning that it just sat there and never got used. The single coil in the middle of my charvel is actually a humbucker BTW

Comment

Working...
      X