85 SD Kelly J0604

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

awesome axe, congrats !!!
    Enjoying a rum and coke, just didn't have any coke...

Comment

Thanks guys.Its just plain awesome!
      Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

SWEET guitar

Comment

as a big SD fan that is one nice axe. congrats on your score!
          Why the hell doesn't Eddie pick up a goddamned guitar and play something?

Current Junk:
          98 ESP S'burst Tiger,(2) 85 Jackson Soloists (1 pink, 1 red and a white 85 Rhoads),08 Wayne,98 Blackmore, 91 375 Deluxe, 91 MM EVH Purple, 75 Ibanez Korina Destroyer,74 Strat, 78 JMP, 87 JCM800, (2) 80 Hamer Sunbursts, Peavey Vandenberg Custom Puzzle, 335, LPR8, 80 Dimarzio Explorer, 80 Dimarzio Strat, 84 Charvel, Nightswan, LPC Lite, old Baretta, etc. etc. +stuff. [sigpic=true][/sigpic]

Comment

Very cool! My '85 Soloist is only 100 or so guitars after yours was made!

Just curious, does anyone fear playing and wearing down their older Jacksons? I would hate to have to have the frets replaced, killing the cool "nubs" on the binding, etc.
            '09 Charvel San Dimas USA
            '85 Jackson Soloist w/Floyd
            '98 PRS Custom 22
            '10 Les Paul Traditional

Comment

Congrats! She's a beauty.

Comment

I have saved the nibs during a re-fret it takes some careful filing tho'.
                As far as the guitars hell play the dog poo out of em'.Thats what their made for.

Comment

Guitar info...

Originally posted by straycat View Post
                  I think pebber said its the first tranparent Kelly they made.
                  Diego and pebber this guitar rocks like a bitch!
                  Did a little work on the Kahler and she is rock solid now.Needed a good internal cleaning and adjusting of the section that the strings pass over.
                  She's good as gold now.BTW it has the heavy spring kit in it now.
                  This guitar is as good as a Kelly can get nuff said.
                  22 fret Kellys are the bees knees.
                  Diego do you have any other info on this guitar by any chance? Like the store where it was originally shipped to that kind of thing.
                  To all that love Jackson guitars get your hands on an original SD Jackson you won't be dissapointed.
                  I got it from Jim Shine about 4 years ago... I'm sure he had given me some info but I cannot remember any details. Shoot him an email. I'm sure he'd chime in. He's a great guy.

Diego

Comment

Nice, If that was the first Trans Red Kelly made they should be fucking proud!
                    Gear

Jackson DXMG
                    Jackson JS30RR
                    Boss ML2 Metalcore Pedal
                    Dunlop GCB-95 Crybaby
                    Blackstar HT5H
                    Marshall MC212

Gear I want

Jackson RR1T Black
                    Marshall JCM 800 2203
                    Marshall 1960A Cab

Comment

The Kelly gets playing rotation quite a bit,its just a pleasure to play.
                      There is just something special about the SD era Jacksons to me anyway.I've had several and they all had that same feeling and awesome playability.
                      The SD plated Ontario bolt-ons feel that way to me too just something special about them.
                      Last edited by straycat; 03-22-2009, 01:38 PM.

Comment

Wow that kelly is just fuckin' killer! That is for sure among the coolest Kellys I have ever seen, grats on gettin it. Now play that bitch before I track you down and steal her :P
                        My name may be Matt, but in no case does that mean I will let you walk all over me

Comment

Nice!

Hey Straycat.

Killer Kelly bro!!

Love the transparency...

Comment

Working...
                          X