RR1 vs KV2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RR1 vs KV2

I tried to find the thread where people were comparing playability of these 2 guitars sitting down. Someone said that the KV2 was easier to play sitting down but if you straddle your leg it seems the lower horn would dig in to what ever you were sitting into. The RR1 has the shorter horn on bottom so it doesn't seem as likely for that to happen but the top wing is longer.

Can anyone that has played both chime in?

The KV2 balances better sitting down and i would say is more comfortable, but yes the lower horn hangs lower so you have to be a bit more carefull. Its not that big of a dif from the RR though.

Comment

I can't play a RR for shit sitting down. Hurts my back( I am getting old you know). The Jackson Vs are comfy to play sitting.

Comment

I'd say they are pretty much the same as far as that goes (and I own one of each). Sitting down, it's "classical position". One interesting body shape is the Warrior, which allows you to play classical or standard position sitting down. Warriors rule.

Comment

Originally posted by Axewielder View Post
          I'd say they are pretty much the same as far as that goes (and I own one of each). Sitting down, it's "classical position". One interesting body shape is the Warrior, which allows you to play classical or standard position sitting down. Warriors rule.
          Zactly !

As far as the v's go, I like the KV2 a lot better sitting and standing.
          I'm not afraid to bleed, but I won't do it for you.

Comment

I can't play a RR for shit sitting down. Hurts my back( I am getting old you know). The Jackson Vs are comfy to play sitting.
            What about it hurts your back, the tall wing?

So the lower wing doesn't bother anyone sitting down?

As cool as some guitars are there are going to be times I don't feel like standing up to play guitar. When I do play sitting down the guitar is between my legs instead of resting on one leg. I may look at the shape of a warrior also but it looks like a big ass guitar?

Comment

KV2 for sure. I sold my RR1 coz it was a pain for me to play it sitting down. Now I have an another V (ESP Laiho, the US version) which is easy to play sitting down coz even the shorter horn is long enough to keep it easily between my legs.

Comment

What about it hurts your back, the tall wing?
                The way I have to sit makes me twist. A V I can angle it up more so I don't have to twist.

Comment

The KV seems a little better for sitting. With the RR's short wing, you have to prop your left leg up a little bit (like Randy did), on a foot rest or guitar case or something. Though, wearing a strap up higher while sitting also helps.
                  Overall, I do prefer the RR, though.
                  I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

I am going to go to guitar center and play an RR3 to see what it feels like, they dont have the cheaper King Vee to compare it with though.

There is no way they are going to have the RR1 and the KV2 hanging up for all the kiddies to bang up.

Comment

Hey Phil, the warrior looks kinda big and unwieldy, but you'd be surprised with how comfortable they are. Sitting or standing is great with a warrior. Try one if ya can.
                      I'm not afraid to bleed, but I won't do it for you.

Comment

i play my Rhoads PRO by putting my right thigh between the wings. its aint that bad, i still dont know how to play my king v mutt lol XP. and i've never played a warrior, but assuming that they have the same body like an ibanez xiphos, i'd say that its a dammed nice guitar since you could play it like a strat guitar or like a V guitar
                        Own:
                        '93 Rhoads PRO, '92 Fusion Ex, '90 Soloist PRO:, Zoom GFX-5 + moar shitty pedals, Marshall mg15 DFX

Dreamin abt:
                        w/e catches my eyes ATM
                        More '90 Professionals

Comment

Not sure if it matters to you or not, but the King V has a slimmer neck profile. It's not a huge difference, but different nonetheless. As far as sitting and playing goes, I actually PREFER the King V over ANY other guitar. Whenever I play a Strat or Paul shaped guitar, it feels like I'm hunched over too far and fucks with my back. With an RR it feels like I have to actively keep it balanced, which is a pain in the ass. With the KV, I'm able to sit up a bit more and it's far easier to play that way. It takes some getting used to, of course, but once you get the hang of it you can't play any other way
                          Last edited by adoxtater; 12-26-2008, 05:57 PM.
                          - Adam

Comment

Originally posted by Phantom Hawk View Post
                            Hey Phil, the warrior looks kinda big and unwieldy, but you'd be surprised with how comfortable they are. Sitting or standing is great with a warrior. Try one if ya can.
                            Why do I get the feeling this right here would feel really good...:idea:

My girlfriend wants to know how much you want for it. She is drooling now as well.

Last edited by phill_up; 12-26-2008, 06:05 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by adoxtater View Post
                              Not sure if it matters to you or not, but the King V has a slimmer neck profile. It's not a huge difference, but different nonetheless. As far as sitting and playing goes, I actually PREFER the King V over ANY other guitar. Whenever I play a Strat or Paul shaped guitar, it feels like I'm hunched over too far and fucks with my back. With an RR it feels like I have to actively keep it balanced, which is a pain in the ass. With the KV, I'm able to sit up a bit more and it's far easier to play that way. It takes some getting used to, of course, but once you get the hang of it you can't play any other way
                              hahahaa, you got me there
                              its true that you have to keep the balance of the guitar when playing a rhoads. i still havent figured out how to play the my king V mutt (fusion ex neck + king std body) XP
                              Own:
                              '93 Rhoads PRO, '92 Fusion Ex, '90 Soloist PRO:, Zoom GFX-5 + moar shitty pedals, Marshall mg15 DFX

Dreamin abt:
                              w/e catches my eyes ATM
                              More '90 Professionals

Comment

Working...
                              X