Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Calling all PC1 experts! Wiring help soon needed!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Calling all PC1 experts! Wiring help soon needed!

I just could not resist an early 1998 Chlorine two knob PC1 today. I figured that it was a reasonably good deal for the price I won it for.

I am naturally taking a bit of a gamble that since the board and sustainer unit are intact, it is just a question of undoing someone elses wiring mess.

As soon as it arrives I will pop off the control cavity and post some detailed pics.

Thankfully I do have my other two PC1's to compare to.

Any ideas what I might be up against?

Last edited by vklobucar; 12-27-2008, 11:44 PM.

Wow! That one is a beaut!

Congrats.

Comment

Thanks Bryan!

Comment

that is a beautiful pc-1 going so cheap... im kind of a newb so, do pc-1s usually go this cheap? or was the sustainer not working a really big problem... anyway hope you can get the sustainer working, one good deal from what im seeing

Comment

From what I have seen the market has somewhat fallen on the price of PC1's. Blame it on the economy or whatever but they do seem to be selling for less as of late.

Mind you some people do not like the old style "Sears" headstock and prefer the newer Strat style version. That must certainly have something to do with the selling prices.

Had there been no real issues with the sustainer unit I could see this particular one selling for say $1400.

I did however score a smokin' Koa PC1 from a extremely cool fellow JCF member just a few months back for a super great price so there are deals to be had with a little patience.

Keep in mind that some of the most sought after ones are the original Koa versions that were produced for just around a year or so in 1996-1997

Supply? Demand? Economy?

BTW I just noticed a 1996 Koa PC1 being offered for sale on ebay as I was looking at "completed auctions" to get a better look at what they are selling for as of late.
          Last edited by vklobucar; 12-27-2008, 08:56 PM.

Comment

Give me a shout if you get stuck.
            It should be easy to figure out since you have two functioning PC1's to use as a reference.

I'm watching the 96 like a hawk.
            I'll wait to see if any shillers pop in.
            -Rick

Comment

Thanks rjohnstone for the encouraging words!!

I just had a feeling that a Koa would be of interest to you!

Here's hoping that it makes it to you!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

You lucky bastard...., don´t forget to post pics when it arrives!

Comment

I watched that guitar for weeks. He originally had it listed at 1399, then dropped it to 1350. I was going to bid on it when he relisted it at 1100, but Christmas and wife got in the way of that.

Damn, that is a beautiful guitar!
                  1979 Gibson Les Paul Custom
                  Jackson SLATQH
                  Jackson DK2M Inferno Red
                  Jackson DK2M With a Learn Custom Paint Job
                  Jackson DKMGT (project)
                  Kramer Focus 1000
                  Ibanez SDGR Bass
                  Ovation Celebrity
                  Martin Backpacker

Comment

Thanks!

It has (finally) been paid for and should be one my way soon!

Comment

Working...
                    X