Adrian Smith Sig Jackson Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Adrian Smith Sig Jackson Question

Hey, I saw this in the new Jackson catalog, but the specs do not seem to be in the catalog, nor on the Jackson website.

Does anyone know what specific bridge pickup is in this guitar? Is it the DiMarzio Super Distortion that he usually uses?
    Last edited by DocNrock; 12-31-2008, 04:20 PM.
    The Guitars:
    Jackson USA SL2H, Jackson Performer PS-4, Gibson Les Paul Studio Gothic, Ibanez JS-1000, B.C. Rich Mockingbird ST, Martin GPCPA5 Acoustic, 14 Warmoth customs, Ibanez Artcore AS73, Ibanez Prestige SR1000EFM Bass
    The Amps:
    Peavey JSX 212 with JSX 412 cabinet, Ampeg B2R with Ampeg Portaflex PF210HE cabinet

that's the word on the street. i believe that it has a stacked bucker in front, and a single coil in the middle, all dimarzio, not unlike the phil collen model.

of course, everyone wants to see the specs...
    198? Charvel Model 2B s/n 245085
    1987 Charvel Model 6 s/n C707218
    2001 SL2H Black Pearl s/n U09404
    2006 SL2HT Burnt Cherry Sunburst s/n U18151
    2008 USA C/S Soloist Soft Arch Carved Top Tiger Eye JA0510
    2009 Adrian Smith Dinky s/n 006666 (Ebony Fretboard)
    2009 Adrian Smith Dinky s/n 007066 (Maple Freboard)

Comment

Elsewhere on this site it seems it is being unveiled at NAMM this year. I wonder what the price tag will be?
      The Guitars:
      Jackson USA SL2H, Jackson Performer PS-4, Gibson Les Paul Studio Gothic, Ibanez JS-1000, B.C. Rich Mockingbird ST, Martin GPCPA5 Acoustic, 14 Warmoth customs, Ibanez Artcore AS73, Ibanez Prestige SR1000EFM Bass
      The Amps:
      Peavey JSX 212 with JSX 412 cabinet, Ampeg B2R with Ampeg Portaflex PF210HE cabinet

Comment

I don't know, but I'm mobilizing for the worst...

Comment

http://www.jcfonline.com/forums/show...13#post1188513

Do we really need two threads discussing the same thing?
          Popular is not the same as good
          Rare is not the same as valuable
          Worth is what someone will pay, not what you want to get

Comment

Originally posted by neilli View Post
            http://www.jcfonline.com/forums/show...13#post1188513

Do we really need two threads discussing the same thing?
            Probably not. Didn't see that thread when I posted this one.
            The Guitars:
            The Amps:

Comment

bad news.

i just got a call from a sam ash who'd just gotten off the line with fender, and the jackson is listing at $2799, and they say minimum advertised price is going to be $1999, and the final selling price is going to be probably closer to the list than for the advertised; 20% down, and you 'might' get it by may.

it doesn't look like fmic is worried about the difference in the construction between a neckthrough sl1 and a bolt-on strat, and the difference in the cost between the two.

maybe sam ash just talked me out of it; this price isn't even realistic for a floyd'd strat.
              Last edited by drixll; 01-05-2009, 05:01 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by drixll View Post
                bad news.

i just got a call from a sam ash who'd just gotten off the line with fender, and the jackson is listing at $2799, and they say minimum advertised price is going to be $1999, and the final selling price is going to be probably closer to the list than for the advertised; 20% down, and you 'might' get it by may.

it doesn't look like fmic is worried about the difference in the construction between a neckthrough sl1 and a bolt-on strat, and the difference in the cost between the two.

maybe sam ash just talked me out of it; this price isn't even realistic for a floyd'd strat.

If you're really interested in one of these then Im sure one of our sponsoring dealers will give you all the correct details when they're released. I wouldnt trust anything those goons at GC or SA say without seeing it in writing, live in color.

Maybe they're right, but I have my doubts.

-Steve
                Guitars:
                '04 Jackson SL1 - Flametop Cabo Blue Trans Burst
                '94 Charvel Predator - Fire Crackle
                '77 Ibanez LP Custom Copy - Black
                Amp:
                VOX AD30VT

Comment

bad news.

Without the Jackson and Smith names, you could build an identical Warmoth for much cheaper.
                  The Guitars:
                  The Amps:

Comment

bad news.

None of that matters.
                    People who want to get the guitar will pay it.
                    FMIC learnt that from the EVH run.
                    Build a man a fire and he's warm for a day, set a man on fire and he's warm for the rest of his life.

Comment

Originally posted by DocNrock View Post
                      Without the Jackson and Smith names, you could build an identical Warmoth for much cheaper.
                      The same applies to pretty much any bolt-on. And:
                      - Why ever buy a USA Jackson when you can get a Carvin neckthru for waaay less?
                      - Why buy a real Ibanez when you can get a 'ChIbanez'?
                      - Why buy a Gibson when you could buy an Epiphone?

etc.....

Comment

Originally posted by neilli View Post
                        The same applies to pretty much any bolt-on. And:
                        - Why ever buy a USA Jackson when you can get a Carvin neckthru for waaay less?
                        - Why buy a real Ibanez when you can get a 'ChIbanez'?
                        - Why buy a Gibson when you could buy an Epiphone?

etc.....
                        I would put the quality of Warmoth up there with USA Jackson (sans neck-thru), real (top-shelf) Ibanez, and better than real Gibson. JMHO.
                        Last edited by DocNrock; 01-05-2009, 10:02 PM.
                        The Guitars:
                        The Amps:

Comment

I would put the quality of Warmoth up there with USA Jackson (sans neck-thru), real (top-shelf) Ibanez, and better than real Gibson. JMHO.
                          Oh, I'm not knocking the quality of Warmoth - just that in the case of many (most?) bolt-ons, the same logic applies. I'm sure you could build a PC1 for way less too, if you can do without a sustainer or use a Fernandez or whatever....

Comment

I am sure some here have noticed that the ESP Lynch Bolt on guitars MAP for stupid money. Yet they still seem to sell them.

Comment

But, you will get killed on the resale.
                              Warmoth and USCG will get you the quality as long as you have a clue what to do with basic tools and never plan to sell.
                              Build a man a fire and he's warm for a day, set a man on fire and he's warm for the rest of his life.

Comment

Working...
                              X