2nd gen shannon soloist's

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2nd gen shannon soloist's

what is the story on the second run of shannon soloists, the double hum one's?

jon

I think it was just a handful of guitars, mostly for the NAMM show. There was a blue one on eBay a couple of days ago that I was seriously tempted by. This 'second run' is actually more authentic than the first, since it has the small control cavity.

Comment

I think there were 4 made, 2 in each colour. I'm not totally sure what the 'other' colour was, but it might have been pink....
      Popular is not the same as good
      Rare is not the same as valuable
      Worth is what someone will pay, not what you want to get

Comment

I thought there was blue, white and pink.
        I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

thanks fellas, which namm show were they at?

so these were not a second run but just a namm show guitar?

does anyone have pics of them together at the show?

thanks
          jon

Comment

I want to say it was Summer 06. I have shots of a pink one at the very least at the house. I can post them when I get back home later this week.
            http://www.jacknapalm.com/

Comment

Yeah, Summer 06 sounds about right. In the end the run never happened because the price was crazy, but I think there might have been 2 of each colour. I seem to remember seeing Shannon with a pic of two painted but unassembled guitars...

Comment

what colours were offered?

and what was the crazy price?

jon

Comment

I have a feeling the discounted price was around 3500 or so. You could have ordered one to the same specs for less...

Comment

the info i got so far on these is: 4 were built for the summer namm show in 2006, and they are pretty authentic compared to the old early 80's soloists, the only two things that are different 1. the floyd has the pressed in post's rather than the old wood screws and 2. the floyd nut does not go through the neck, both i'm glad they did. Does anyone have any pics of them? i think i found the pink one and the white one and i have the gun metal blue one but i do not know what other color they made....

jon

Comment

finaly got the guitar and thought i would share some pics......

Comment

That gunmetal blue rules! Congrats!! I also love the fact they didn't use the old wood screw posts or nut screwed through the neck. What pickups did they use?

Comment

they used a jb and a 59, and the other thing that is not period correct is the fact that the bridge pup is trem spaced.......but the trem arm is the old school screw in type!

Comment

Interesting.

Comment

if anybody has any shots of this or any of the others namm shannons in the namm booth i would appreciate them......

and i am still trying to find out what color the other one is?
                              1 in white,pink,gun metal blue and........?

thanks
                              jon

Comment

Working...
                              X