Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Custom Shop concept: Approx cost?

Hi Guys,

I am considering making my first Jackson CS order, it'll be something like this:

- Rhoads body shape
    - 27 frets, with slanted fretboard
    - either ebony or maple fretboard, fully scalloped
    - EMG humbucker and single coil
    - not sure about body color / graphics / inlays yet

Approx. how much $ am I looking at?

Thanks

(I'll start another thread in Other Guitar Manufacturers about alternatives to Jackson CS)

- Leo.

A lot!

Check with a dealer to get an accurate quote.
    http://www.jacknapalm.com/

Comment

Wow I've got to believe the 27 scalloped fret thing will put you into the Masterbuilt category.

Comment

Can't seem to find detailed info on the whole "Masterbuilt" thing, either from the Fender site, or the Jackson site. Guess I'll just have to contact a dealer and go from there.

Thanks for the replies so far

-Leo.

Comment

The masterbuilt thing is 'unofficial' now, rather than a tag applied to certain specs. But yeah, I'd imagine that 27 frets will cost a fair bit.

From the 2008 CS price list, an RR has a base $4100 list price. Ebony / plain maple are 'free'. Scallops are $25 per fret, and only with dot inlays. H/S is $55. EMGs are $85 each.
          Popular is not the same as good
          Rare is not the same as valuable
          Worth is what someone will pay, not what you want to get

Comment

Oooh... where can I find the 2008 CS Price List?

Comment

I'm just guessing, but I doubt you'd get this guitar for under $3500. The list prices are considerably higher than actual retail, but that 27-fret Rhoads thing is going to cost you. I don't think I've ever seen one of those before.

Comment

The only CS 27 fretter I know of is the Extreme Saturn Warrior at Fullers. I'm thinking that Rhoads idea will be similar if not more in cost: $4k+
                Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

"Finger on the trigger, back against the wall. Counting rounds and voices, not enough to kill them all" (Ihsahn).

Comment

Originally posted by Leo Chang View Post
                  - Rhoads body shape

- 27 frets, with slanted fretboard
                  What's a slanted fretboard?? :think:
                  Approx. how much $ am I looking at?
                  At least $3K plus.

When you get yours, can I have your Yellow Bengal Rhoads?
                  Sam

Comment

Originally posted by wilkinsi View Post
                    The only CS 27 fretter I know of is the Extreme Saturn Warrior at Fullers. I'm thinking that Rhoads idea will be similar if not more in cost: $4k+
                    They made a few 27-fret Soloists with goofy graphics for the NAMM show a couple of years ago. Since that's sort of "in the system" now, I suspect a 27-fret Soloist would be less of an upcharge than the Rhoads would. Theoretically, I guess the only real manufacturing difference is the shape of the body wings--the neckthru portion should be the same.

Comment

slanted fretboard = http://i131.photobucket.com/albums/p...ksons004-3.jpg

Except that I want it to slant the other way... so that the treble side is longer

Haha... I don't think I'll ever sell my Yellow Bengal Rhoads, but thanks for asking

Comment

blowswood......kills it for me

Comment

Forgot whose CS creation this is... but this guitar's fretboard is a better representation of what I want

IMG_0296.jpg

- Leo.

Comment

Working...
                          X