X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• McD Adrian Smith Question

Hi,
    Perhaps you can help me out with this.
    I understand that the Custom Shop won't build "Artist's Similar" anymore, so, with the new AS coming out what does this take off the table for custom guitars?

Does that mean that we can't order a white strat shape with ebony board, SSH config, and floyd?

I don't understand how the policy will work?

Thanks in advance.
    Build a man a fire and he's warm for a day, set a man on fire and he's warm for the rest of his life.

I think the policy is that as long as you have a notable 'visual' change, then you'd be OK. Also, Adrian is a Jackson artist so that seems to give more freedom - the same way they've played around with the PC1 somewhat.

You can't order a custom strathead from Jackson though...
    Last edited by neilli; 01-14-2009, 11:30 AM.
    Popular is not the same as good
    Rare is not the same as valuable
    Worth is what someone will pay, not what you want to get

Comment

Originally posted by neilli View Post

You can't order a custom strathead from Jackson though...
      Right, but beyond that?
      I guess it just seems a little generic, seeing as how it's a white strat with floyd in that config.
      Build a man a fire and he's warm for a day, set a man on fire and he's warm for the rest of his life.

Comment

Question is... Is it a White Strat? Too me it looks like a Strat body, but Jackson's description say's "Dinky". I'm really confused. Is it a Dinky body or a Strat body? The pictures show a Strat IMO.:think:
        Tone is like Art: Your opinion is valid. Listen, learn, have fun, draw your own conclusions.

Comment

Originally posted by Flatpicker View Post
          Right, but beyond that?
          I guess it just seems a little generic, seeing as how it's a white strat with floyd in that config.
          Well because you can't order a strathead Jackson from the CS, then you could order all the rest, because the enforced headstock change would be enough to make it different. At least that's how I understand it...
          Popular is not the same as good
          Rare is not the same as valuable
          Worth is what someone will pay, not what you want to get

Comment

Dinky or strat body?

Bengal65 you are not alone, I was wondering the same thing. I have an email into a dealer about it.

Comment

Originally posted by P.O. Box 245 View Post
              Bengal65 you are not alone, I was wondering the same thing. I have an email into a dealer about it.
              I thought it might be my old eyes getting to me. Yeah, it looks the same as all the other San Dimas style Strat bodies on the recent Strathead Charvel's. I don't see any Dinky features.
              Tone is like Art: Your opinion is valid. Listen, learn, have fun, draw your own conclusions.

Comment

Working...
              X