Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

who painted the early 90's era graphics?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• who painted the early 90's era graphics?

I know Dan Lawrence and Mike Learn paint the current graphic finishes on Jacksons, but who did the early 90's stuff? Just curious who painted mine.
    "clean sounds are for pussies" - Axewielder

Originally posted by tonemonster View Post
    I know Dan Lawrence and Mike Learn paint the current graphic finishes on Jacksons, but who did the early 90's stuff? Just curious who painted mine.
    I believe it was Dan Lawrence.
    I think they used to sub them out to Lee Garver's company who Dan worked for.
    Build a man a fire and he's warm for a day, set a man on fire and he's warm for the rest of his life.

Comment

As far as I understand, Dan has never been an employee of GMW - he's always been a subcontractor.
      If I remember correctly, I think Dan did the 'complex' / custom graphics for Jackson in the 90's, but they had some in-house guys doing the more regular stuff...
      Popular is not the same as good
      Rare is not the same as valuable
      Worth is what someone will pay, not what you want to get

Comment

There was an artist that posted in the general forum in the last year that used to work at Jackson way back when but I can't recall his screen name. He was one of the guys that just painted the standard designs though as far as I remember.

There was a thread that he posted a bunch of the paintjobs he did but I didn't manage to dig it up.
        GTWGITS! - RacerX

Comment

Originally posted by Hellbat View Post
          There was an artist that posted in the general forum in the last year that used to work at Jackson way back when but I can't recall his screen name. He was one of the guys that just painted the standard designs though as far as I remember.

There was a thread that he posted a bunch of the paintjobs he did but I didn't manage to dig it up.
          +1

Find that thread.

Comment

Dan has done a ton of the J/C graphics over the years. But they've used several other graphic artists through all that time, too - both in-house and outside.

Comment

Most have guessed this to be Dans work..91' Dinky bolt on..
              Certainly NOT a standard graphic, as ive never seen another "Saturn"
              anywhere near this ungodly high def detail.. Most are "Blurry" airbrush
              planets.. this looks almost like a photo in person.. Now if Dan absolutely
              ALWAYS signed his work..then im wrong, as there is no signature on mine.

Comment

Originally posted by DonP View Post
                +1

Find that thread.
                Sheltered was the guy and here's the thread:

It wasn't even that long ago....

Comment

Originally posted by Robert Burns View Post
                  Now if Dan absolutely ALWAYS signed his work..then im wrong, as there is no signature on mine.
                  Dan doesn't always sign his work. I have a few graphics that Dan has painted but he did not sign or initial. If you have any questions, you can always email Dan. He's pretty busy but will get back to you. Check out his website if you haven't seen it yet. Some very cool pics on there of graphics he's done.

Comment

Dan did work for GMW - GMW is Garver, Moser, and "Wizard" - Dan "The Wizard" Lawrence.

At least that's what I recall when Dan posted here.
                    I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Originally posted by Newc View Post
                      Dan did work for GMW - GMW is Garver, Moser, and "Wizard" - Dan "The Wizard" Lawrence.

*** no Lee just said it was another painter he found named "Pat Wilkins".. (at the time..93'?) Later on, after the company was doing good, and had established the name GMW... he started to have problems with "pat"
                      who started losing his quality and work ethic. So they parted ways,
                      but since it was already known as GMW by that time, he stayed with
                      the 3rd letter. Looks like he uses Dan Lawrence most of the time now?

Comment

Originally posted by Newc View Post

That's the story I had always heard.
                        That's why I assumed Dan did all the paint for GMW.
                        Build a man a fire and he's warm for a day, set a man on fire and he's warm for the rest of his life.

Comment

Check for signatures in the pick up cavities they do pop up there from time to time.
                          My SD Charvel was like that.I had a 90 RR that had a Nebula type graphic and the signature was in the neck pickup route.FWIW.
                          Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

91 Dinky graphics

I have a 91 Dinky with a lightning sky paint job. What's different about mine and the reason I bought it in 91 is the red in the lightning. I have not seen one like it. You? I'm new here can someone tell me how to attach a photo?

Comment

Pat Wilkins did the solds and Clear coat at GMW...in the begining. Dan always did the graphics...BTW Dan's website is up and running for your refinishing needs, check it out.......
                              www.drlgrafx.com

Comment

Working...
                              X