Chlorine w/ DOA sustainer update!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chlorine w/ DOA sustainer update!

As you may well know my 1998 Chlorine PC1 arrived the other week with a DOA sustainer unit.

This was in fact disclosed during the auction but it is such a sweet playing and looking guitar that I felt it was a shame to not try to troubleshoot the issue.

Alas, after pouring over every solder joint, pot, jack and switch there was no success even with two more PC1's to compare things to.

My local butchershop, aka authorized Jackson dealer here in Montreal pretty much brushed me off when I spoke to them and mentioned that it was the PC1 with the sustainer.

So I called Jackson direct in the USA and a really pleasant fellow turned me on to a Jackson Gold Authorized Repair Center that is just minutes from my house.

Tells me that are very experience with the PC1 and shoud have no problem getting "Chlorine" back up and running.

He did however confirm what many board members have stated-both the sustainer and circuit board had better be there because they will not sell nor even install either piece if missing.

So in the next few days I'll drop of the guitar and hopefully have it returned it top factory shape soon enough!

Stay tuned!

Last edited by vklobucar; 01-15-2009, 05:58 AM.

My fingers are crossed!

Comment

I am hoping that they can hook you up!
      Scott
      Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong.

Comment

That would be great for them to get you up and running! It would be prudent for Jackson to supply parts to get the old electronics up and running.
        Tone is like Art: Your opinion is valid. Listen, learn, have fun, draw your own conclusions.

Comment

That Chlorine is gorgeous. Wish they still made them like that.

Good luck with the repairs.

Comment

That's great news!
            -Rick

Comment

Originally posted by shreddermon View Post
              That Chlorine is gorgeous. Wish they still made them like that.

Good luck with the repairs.
              I agree, the old chlorine kicks the new one's ass so hard it hurts.
              GTWGITS! - RacerX

Comment

SO, any updates on this yet?

Comment

Afraid not.

With the Christmas bills coming in and an upcoming vacation to Texas within a few weeks, I don't have the budget to fix it just yet.

I did however order a brass big block (the extra massive "L" shaped version) as well as a trem stop from www.floydupgrades.com that I plan to install on that guitar.

As soon as the budget allows I'll get right on it so stay tuned.....

Comment

So did they give you a price?
                    I'm just curious what they're charging for an out-of-warranty repair on the sustainer board.
                    -Rick

Comment

Man, that chlorine looks so nice it looks like you could go swimming in it...

...Someone should make a pool shaped like a PC1!!!
                      "Dear Dr. Bill,
                      I work with a woman who is about 5 feet tall and weighs close to 450 pounds and has more facial hair than ZZ Top." - Jack The Riffer

"OK, we can both have Ben..joint custody. I'll have him on the weekends. We could go out in my Cobra and give people the finger..weather permitting of course.." -Bill Z. Bub

Comment

Staying TUNED.............

with baited breath ...

love that guitar, nice find.

stop

Comment

Worst case scenario... you bite the bullet on the Sustainer, and put
                          a TB14 or Custom/Custom in the bridge, and have yourself a Hot bad
                          mo fo, for tone, and the ULTIMATE for looks! Even with no sustainer,
                          it's a wonderful Jackson! Best of luck..

Comment

I did not get a price as I did not even have a chance to call and set up an appointment with them.

Work has been insane these last few weeks to to the extreme cold snap we are having.

Soon enough...

Comment

Originally posted by CrazyTrain View Post
                              Staying TUNED.............

with baited breath ...

love that guitar, nice find.

stop
                              Huge 2nd!

Cheers,
                              Chris

Comment

Working...