Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Adrian Smith model answers - pics inside!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by thetruthguy View Post
    What was the deal with the switch, though? Maiden used to play Jacksons, and then they switched to Fenders. There was even a Fender Maiden model, right? Now they're back to Jacksons??? I never could understand why they went to Fenders in the first place. They should've just kept playing the Jacksons they had.
    Dave Murray started out playing Fenders, he also played Deans, Jacksons, and was endorsed by ESP in the late '80s/early '90s.
    I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Adrian Smith came into Iron Maiden playing an Ibanez Destroyer, if memory serves (NOTB).

Then of course they had the Lados for a while between Powerslave and 7th Son (when they went to Jackson).

Then, being mega-rich, I'm sure they bought all the vintage Gibsons, Fenders, Gretsches, and who-knows-what-else they always wanted.

My guess is they got a better offer from Fender, especially since Jackson doesn't do "freebies" as much as everyone else does.

Another valid point: when some douchebag steals your USA Strat Ultra or Fat Strat, you hop down to the local dealer and buy another. When they steal your Custom Shop Jackson, you wait for a replacement.
      Major tours do not wait for Marketing to squeeze the name-dropping into the production schedule.
      I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Originally posted by Newc View Post
        Adrian Smith came into Iron Maiden playing an Ibanez Destroyer, if memory serves (NOTB).
        Adrian was on the Killers album, and one of his guitars was a Goldtop Gibson Les Paul with minibuckers, but the bridge was routed out for a humbucker.
        Live at the Rainbow - 1980Paul Di'Anno - VocalsSteve Harris - BassDave Murray - GuitarAdrian Smith - GuitarClive Burr - Drums
        I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Congrats on the new guitar. Stunning.
          Gear: Charvel Model 3, Marshall Reverb 30, Fender Squier Telecaster, Digitech GNX-1, GHS Boomers and a whole lot of Dunlop picks.... Oh, and a Hohner Harmonica - key of A

Comment

Congrats!
            that's a smoking guitar
            If this is our perdition, will you walk with me?

Comment

That kicks ass!
              "I''ll say what I'm gonna say, cuz I'm going to Hell anyway!"

Comment

thanks for the replies.
                My YouTube Videos | My SoundCloud Page

Comment

Originally posted by thetruthguy View Post
                  What was the deal with the switch, though? Maiden used to play Jacksons, and then they switched to Fenders. There was even a Fender Maiden model, right? Now they're back to Jacksons??? I never could understand why they went to Fenders in the first place. They should've just kept playing the Jacksons they had.
                  Dave's number one was always his old Fender. It was a cool look too - 2 humbuckers with pickup rings & Floyded. I know a lot of Maiden fans wondered why the IM sig Strat didn't have this configuration, but I guess since it was a "band sig" they comprised between Dave & Janick's Fenders.

re: the Jacksons. Even during the "Fender years", you can find pics of H playing one of his Jacksons backstage. And during his tenure with Bruce's solo band, he used his King V.
                  Hail yesterday

Comment

Just for shits and giggles and to show how much Adrian's original influenced me....

Popular is not the same as good
                    Rare is not the same as valuable
                    Worth is what someone will pay, not what you want to get

Comment

That's a damn fine trio.
                      http://www.jacknapalm.com/

Comment

damn, Ian. Looks like you've played the shit out of that GMW!
                        Hail yesterday

Comment

Originally posted by VitaminG View Post
                          damn, Ian. Looks like you've played the shit out of that GMW!
                          Oh god yeah! It's my number one go-to guitar, and if I get half the time out of the Jackson I'll be very happy
                          Popular is not the same as good
                          Rare is not the same as valuable
                          Worth is what someone will pay, not what you want to get

Comment

Originally posted by neilli View Post
                            In between - depends what your reference points are of course.
                            +1 - neck feels "just right"...
                            Crime doesn't pay. Neither does lutherie...

Comment

That just smokes the Fender version.
                              Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

Wow. i love it. Congrats
                                Jackson SLAT-QH CSB
                                Charvel SD Warren DeMartini Crossed Swords
                                Jackson SL-2H LS

Comment

Working...
                                X