Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Adrian Smith model answers - pics inside!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

neilli

I was waiting for you to post a review of the Adrian Smith Jackson when you first started this thread. I was wondering if there was any additional information that you could share with us after having had the guitar for a while now. Does the Adrian Smith model have the same oil/wax finish that the USA Charvels do? Does it feel and play just like a Charvel neck? I'm pretty familiar with the Dimarzio Super Distortion (my favorite pickup), but how do the two single coils sound?

Thanks for any info you can give us!

Comment

I've had the guitar for over a month now, and I'm very happy with it indeed. I think the neck is very lightly oiled - it's not quite raw, but it's pretty close. The neck feels great - it's got a nice even C profile, and it's not skinny. It's by no means fat, but it's certainly not a slim neck. Aparently it's pretty close to the Warren DiMartini Charvels but it's been a long time since I've played one of those so I can't recall their neck too well.
      If I'm honest, the single coils have been a bit of a revelation for me. I'm not much of a fan of singles, but these sound really good, and have good output so they stand up well when switching from the humbucker...
      All in all, I'm really happy with the guitar
      Popular is not the same as good
      Rare is not the same as valuable
      Worth is what someone will pay, not what you want to get

Comment

glad you made such a good purchase, be sure to put it to good use!!

Comment

Thanks for the reply. I love single coils in the neck position. Glad to hear that it's a great guitar.

Comment

I have one that will be here by friday. the maple fretboard of course. I got it for $1,890 shipped with case. I know they will come out cheaper by years end, but I cant wait till then! I'll post pics when she shows up. the only thing i'm praying that is different from neili's is I dont want the headstock to be glossy like that. I hate it! it doesn't match, and it's not accurate. I know i'm splitting hairs here, but it matters to me.

Comment

Axe_Calibur

Just curious as to when you placed the order for the Adrian Smith. I was under the impression that these would take about four months from order to recieving.

Comment

Hmmm. Well, it was about a year ago

Comment

That's killer!!!!!

Comment

Yeah I was wanting a bit more info on this model. Seems as though DCGL has a Lefty Version avail in September. is that a production model or just a DCGL Special?

here is the link

The Ebony Version

the maple version

because those versions are not on the Jackson Guitar site
                    Last edited by Southpaw; 06-08-2009, 08:04 PM.

Comment

wow the logo and all looks like it's floating in there if you look at this pic

I guess they put clean coat on first and then the logo and then more clear? That doesn't look like it's touching the wood

(sorrry beautiful guitar, but i'm easily distracted by silly shit, but it stands out to me so that's a good thing i guess)
                      In the future though I need to remember to not buy guitars while on Nyquil

Comment

nevermind
                        Last edited by bombtek; 06-11-2009, 03:58 PM.
                        I live on the edge of danger facing life and death every single day.....then I leave her at home and go disarm bombs.

Comment

I just want to commend you on the pro stringing job on that. You must be a perfectionist.
                          GTWGITS! - RacerX

Comment

They're the factory strings, so I guess they should be 'pro'

Comment

I'm gonna be druelling over that thing until I get a CS (wait a couple of years for god sake ....)

Anyway amazing score!
                              Gear

Jackson DXMG
                              Jackson JS30RR
                              Boss ML2 Metalcore Pedal
                              Dunlop GCB-95 Crybaby
                              Blackstar HT5H
                              Marshall MC212

Gear I want

Jackson RR1T Black
                              Marshall JCM 800 2203
                              Marshall 1960A Cab