Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My fist post and a few of my jacksons...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The red guitar is a Brawley "threat", Keith Brawley went out of business so you can't get them anymore. It's a nice playing inexpensive guitar, as is the Agile to the right.

The blue guitar is a PC3 that I've saved from the street and given it a new home, the hardware was in pretty bad shape but the body was free from dings / dents. I'm thinking of learning how to re-fret it (the frets are worn) and someone really dug their nails into the fretboard, so it needs sanding, but plays really great so I keep it around.

Comment

After reading about how wood gets "spalted", I have to wonder if it's stable. Is that just a top or is the whole body spalted maple?
      Scott

Comment

What an amazing looking guitar. I was expecting to see a Voyager tho.
        Just one more guitar!

Comment

Originally posted by Voyager1000 View Post
          This one is similar to the ones from guitar asylum, (they had two) they were flat tops though and this one is an archtop with direct mount hums. I think the inlays are called "crop circle" inlays. The colors from the abalone actually reflect off the strings when I play, so from my view I can see little sparks of green, blue, and red. Pretty cool.....
          **Well then you win "Best Soloist on the JCF" Award! Cause it cant
          get any better than that! I think the Crop Circles are the best of all
          inlays ... Superb.. Welcome to the forum! I need about 10 more pics
          of that awesome beauty!

Comment

Originally posted by Spivonious View Post
            After reading about how wood gets "spalted", I have to wonder if it's stable. Is that just a top or is the whole body spalted maple?
            It appears to just be the top. I can see a different wood lower down.
            "Dear Dr. Bill,
            I work with a woman who is about 5 feet tall and weighs close to 450 pounds and has more facial hair than ZZ Top." - Jack The Riffer

"OK, we can both have Ben..joint custody. I'll have him on the weekends. We could go out in my Cobra and give people the finger..weather permitting of course.." -Bill Z. Bub

Comment

Only the first 3/4" of the top is spalt, the rest is mahogany with flamed maple neck thru, Yeah I know spalt starts from rotting wood, but maybe in a thousand years it'll be fossilized.

Comment

That flamed neck looks amazing. Again, sweet freakin' guitar bro!
                Gibson SG Standard
                Jackson DK2M Dinky
                Silvertone S615 Acoustic from the 60's
                Roland Micro Cube
                Marshall MG100DFX

Comment

Spalting occurs when a fungus gets into the wood.It will eventually kill the tree.If used and sealed the bacteria dies but stays that black color.
                  Killer soloist I must say.
                  Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

Can we get the title changed?

"Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

I've changed the title to the post a while back, but the thread still says "fist" not "first", not sure how to change the thread title.....

Comment

Admins have to do it...
                        "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Absolutely stunning.

That's all I can manage right now!

Comment

Man I love that guitar!!!! Killer!!!!!!!!!1111
                            CURRENT GEAR SET UP
                            2005 JACKSON SOLOIST
                            1989 JACKSON KING V
                            1984 JACKSON RR
                            AXE FX II
                            MESA BOOGIE 2:90
                            DMC GROUND CONTROL PRO