Hi guys

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hi guys

New to the site and just picked up on guitars for the first time in years, so I thought I'd say hello. Jackson was the first Guitar I ever bought ('90 Rhoads Professional) and the last guitar I ever bought ('93 Rhoads PCS). The RRs are a big part of the magic for me, and have a special place in my heart. Here's mine:

'92 Tribute

'93 PCS
    '02 Jackson KV2
    '92 Jackson Rhoads PCS
    '92 Jackson Rhoads Tribute

That is a beauty- always been one of my favorites. Glad to hear you are back into it!

Comment

Welcome to the GREATEST place one Earth to discuss Jackson & Charvel!!

BTW, awesome RR's ya got there!!!

Again, welcome!

A~
      All hail the 'King'
      R.I.P~ RLC

Comment

Welcome! and sweet fiddles you got there mate!

Comment

Can ya get the whole guitar in the shot?

Thankyoucomeagain
          "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

You will learn very quickly around here that Ron flips out if the whole guitar is not included in the shot, so don't let it happen again or he will unleash the fury upon you
            Welcome to the JCF V-Man, I too have a PCS Rhoads as well as an LTD. Is your LTD a vintage trem model or Floyd?
            Rudy
            www.metalinc.net

Comment

Very cool guitars. Welcome to the forum!
              "Dear Dr. Bill,
              I work with a woman who is about 5 feet tall and weighs close to 450 pounds and has more facial hair than ZZ Top." - Jack The Riffer

"OK, we can both have Ben..joint custody. I'll have him on the weekends. We could go out in my Cobra and give people the finger..weather permitting of course.." -Bill Z. Bub

Comment

Very nice RRs.
                Welcome.
                Currently at 78 guitars - Paul Reed Smith, Jackson, Robin, Washburn, Carvin, Peavey, U.S. Masters, G&L, Hamer, Godin, BC Rich, Yamaha, Fender, ESP, Kramer, Cort, Ibanez, Aria Pro & Charvel
                Pics:http://profile.ultimate-guitar.com/mr.rs/pictures/gear

Comment

Maybe someday I will be able to get an RR (starting up violins now). Beautiful axe. Welcome home.
                  Yesterday is history; tomorrow is a mystery; but today is a gift; that's why it is called the present.

Comment

Thanks, everyone. I figured I should post here, seeing how most of my time would be spent in this area. The PCS has a couple of scars, but when you are considering keeping everything, it's more character than anything. The Tribute OTOH, lives out of state and basks in the shaggy fuzz of a hardshell years on end. To those that asked, the Tribute is a Floyd Rose model. By the time I had heard of the "Tribute," I was already late in the game with the vintages, but then the Floyd roses came out and I managed to snag one of the top 40 of them. The PCS is one of the top 20, BTW.
                    '02 Jackson KV2
                    '92 Jackson Rhoads PCS

Comment

You made two very fine choices. My PCS is one of my best playing Jacksons BTW. In fact I prefer it to my LTD's.
                      Rudy
                      www.metalinc.net

Comment

Originally posted by roodyrocker View Post
                        You made two very fine choices. My PCS is one of my best playing Jacksons BTW. In fact I prefer it to my LTD's.
                        Thanks. I sold off my Jackson Rhoads Professional for the Explorer + $ on his end, because I couldn't afford the LTD and the upcoming PCS. As much as I love the LTD, particularly for its historic value (the only V/Les Paul hybrid, IMO), its playability is definitely the lesser of the two with the hindered access to the fretboard bottom. Regardless, I figured if I was going to have 2 Jacksons in my life, those would be the two fro me. No regrets so far.
                        '02 Jackson KV2
                        '92 Jackson Rhoads PCS

Comment

I must have really long fingers, I haven't had any issues at all with my LTD as far fret access
                          In the future though I need to remember to not buy guitars while on Nyquil

Comment

Upper fret access is not the issue with my LTD's. I'm just saying that my PCS Rhoads is one of the best Jacksons I have. It just has that combination of feeling right, plays great and has killer tone. Oh, and did I forget to mention that it has never had a setup besides what it was shipped with from the factory. Its a killer axe! The others are good too but the PCS is a notch above
                            Rudy
                            www.metalinc.net

Comment

Originally posted by roodyrocker View Post
                              Upper fret access is not the issue with my LTD's. I'm just saying that my PCS Rhoads is one of the best Jacksons I have. It just has that combination of feeling right, plays great and has killer tone. Oh, and did I forget to mention that it has never had a setup besides what it was shipped with from the factory. Its a killer axe! The others are good too but the PCS is a notch above

I'll second that statement.

EJ

Comment

Working...
                              X