Weight of a soloist?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Weight of a soloist?

Can anyone give me estimated weight of a SL1 w/ or w/out a hardshell case?

Thanks.
    Originally posted by horns666
    The only thing I choke during sex is, my chicken..especially when I wanna glaze my wife's buns.

Originally posted by Jacksons Shred View Post
    Can anyone give me estimated weight of a SL1 w/ or w/out a hardshell case?

Thanks.
    They are all different.

However the pre-1998 ones were Poplar, and were much heavier. I had a 1992 Soloist and you could knock down a door with that tank..

Comment

My 2005 has a good weight. Not too heavy, not too light. Just right.

Comment

The DK1 I just received said it weighed 17.5 lbs that was on the shipping label . It came as guitar , case and flimsy JC shipping box. I can not see a SL1 being very much more if any .
        Mike
        --------------------------------------------------------------------
        SLS TG // SLATQH TSB // 2 CS Soloists both 24.75 scale // 5 Archtop PROs //

Comment

Originally posted by Brooke View Post
          They are all different.

However the pre-1998 ones were Poplar, and were much heavier. I had a 1992 Soloist and you could knock down a door with that tank..
          Like you said, they are all different, and poplar is not always heavier than alder.
          I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

It's rare to find one that weighs outside the range of 7 to 9 lbs. That's a fairly wide range, I suppose, but I haven't seen too many Soloists/Charvel Models that were either boat anchors or featherweights. They're usually a nice medium weight.

Comment

Originally posted by pro-fusion View Post
              It's rare to find one that weighs outside the range of 7 to 9 lbs. That's a fairly wide range, I suppose, but I haven't seen too many Soloists/Charvel Models that were either boat anchors or featherweights. They're usually a nice medium weight.
              I couldn't believe how heavy my 92 was. Maybe there was a hidden "but plug" or something? lol :ROTF:

Comment

Working...
              X