Y2KV replacement cases?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Y2KV replacement cases?

Anyone know of a case that'll fit a Y2KV? I cracked my molded case! You'd think I would know where to get one, but, I don't!

Thanks!

McD
    \oo/. .\oo/ @ www.jacksonguitars.com

Cracked a molded case? WTF? Bungie jumping?

Sorry, you gotta get in touch with G&G or SKB - maybe have one ordered through the CS?

Mustaine might have one he'd sell ya
    I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

I would like to know as well. I was told the KV case would fit but it doesn't. Right now I have mine in a huge coffin case. I would love to get a better case for it.
      http://www.jacknapalm.com/

Comment

You can talk to Cedar Creek custom cases (TKL's custom division). They make nice cases, but it is going to cost about $200.00. They do great work from CAD models (could be a problem for you Jack, I don't know if McD can send the CAD files for the Y2KV). The only other case I can think of is the Gator Extreme. Its about $140.00 and comes with a bunch of different velcro configurable cushions to fit any style guitar. Its kind of hoaky, but works.

Easiest thing to do would be to re-introduce the Y2KV and then the cases would be available again.

Comment

The foot/button area cracked and caved in. I treated it like a case for too long, maybe? Anyway, it's not air tight and it's my Y2KV so I can't have that now can I?

Comment

> Easiest thing to do would be to re-introduce the Y2KV and then the cases would be available again.

I wish it were that easy! Believe me!

Comment

Don't you guys still have the case specs? Maybe get some wrapping/craft paper on a roll and trace the guitar, then send that to SKB?
              I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

I have a similar problem with one of my WR1 cases. I just bought another WR1. Any excuse to get myself another guitar
                Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

"Finger on the trigger, back against the wall. Counting rounds and voices, not enough to kill them all" (Ihsahn).

Comment

Originally posted by Newc View Post
                  Don't you guys still have the case specs? Maybe get some wrapping/craft paper on a roll and trace the guitar, then send that to SKB?
                  That makes sense. Jackson doesn't make their own cases in house do they? Unless, Jackson notified their case makers no Y2KV cases are to be made EVER again. Damn, kind of shot yourself in the foot now didn't ya!!!!

Comment

Anyone else need one? If I end up custom ordering a couple, maybe I'll order a few more.

Comment

Originally posted by McD View Post
                      > Easiest thing to do would be to re-introduce the Y2KV and then the cases would be available again.

I wish it were that easy! Believe me!

How hard can it really be?
                      Hamer makes a roundhorn flying V. US Masters does, Dean does. Why can't Jackson?

I'd love to understand the problem.
                      Build a man a fire and he's warm for a day, set a man on fire and he's warm for the rest of his life.

Comment

Originally posted by Flatpicker View Post
                        How hard can it really be?
                        Hamer makes a roundhorn flying V. US Masters does, Dean does. Why can't Jackson?

I'd love to understand the problem.
                        I'd imagine it has something to do with the no Gibson shapes and the fact Jackson is owned by Fender. Not sure though, guess we'll have to wait until McD clarifys

Comment

McD and Mr. Napalm,
                          Assuming that the inside foam/plush lining wasn't destroyed by the damage on the outside, can't you just take a KV2 case and swap out the linings? I believe the cases are the same size. I think that stuff is just hot glued in - should be able to pry it out with little damage.

Comment

reposted reposted...
                            Last edited by Flatpicker; 01-31-2009, 08:13 PM.
                            Build a man a fire and he's warm for a day, set a man on fire and he's warm for the rest of his life.

Comment

Originally posted by TVTiZtiK View Post
                              I'd imagine it has something to do with the no Gibson shapes and the fact Jackson is owned by Fender. Not sure though, guess we'll have to wait until McD clarifys
                              Yeah, But so is Hamer.
                              Just make it a ding dang CS option and be done with it.
                              Never understood how this became such a problem regarding two common shapes already. (explorer also)

If It's a Mustaine problem, throw him a sawbuck and tell him to fuck off already. He didn't create the roundhorn V.

Comment

Working...
                              X