Post your sls models

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Rebirth View Post
    Pretty sure they are 25.5 not 24.75 does feel short though.
    Well, when I bought mine the salesman claimed it was 25.5" too so I measured it. Mine is definitely 24.75. I don't know if all of them are short scale though, but the ones I could find in various online stores are.

Comment

Mine, the CS SLS, has a 25" scale. Middle of the road between the two standard scales. More like a PRS I guess. I digs it.

Comment

Originally posted by GuerillaPete View Post
        Mine, the CS SLS, has a 25" scale. Middle of the road between the two standard scales. More like a PRS I guess. I digs it.
        Yeah I am gutted i have to sell my one it would appear
        will keep the jackson rr1 i guess but one has to go.

Comment

GuerillaPete that guitar is SWEET. Newc that is so cool!
          I found a couple better pictures of mine.

RR24M -SLATQH- 2 SLSMG's- DKMGT- 3DXMGT's
          CHS2 -Traditional- 2 SC90 Surfcasters
          Tacoma DR14 DM14 JR55
          Ibanez Artcore AM77, AF125NT,AS93

Comment

I never looked at this thread thinking there wouldn't be anything interesting to see. Boy was I wrong. Those guitars gorgeous and I am an idiot.
            Just one more guitar!

Comment

They are all super cool!!!!!

So they are very light weight??

What´s the sound like..? The light wight mahogany in my JJ2 has a great resonans and good bass responce so I´m woundering if the SLS are the same?

Comment

Yo Spence!
                I dig the blue. Very nice. Classy with the chrome hardware.

I do wish they still came with a ToM. I know they went with the hardtail to maintain the 'low profile' but maybe down the line they would do it with a recessed ToM. Hmmmm.

Comment

Originally posted by GuerillaPete View Post
                  Yo Spence!
                  I dig the blue. Very nice. Classy with the chrome hardware.

I do wish they still came with a ToM. I know they went with the hardtail to maintain the 'low profile' but maybe down the line they would do it with a recessed ToM. Hmmmm.
                  Check this one out.
                  http://i8.ebayimg.com/06/i/001/2a/b4/4152_3.JPG
                  http://i19.ebayimg.com/08/i/001/2a/b4/42d2_3.JPG
                  http://i7.ebayimg.com/04/i/001/2a/b4/466c_3.JPG

[IMG]file:///C:/DOCUME%7E1/Owner/LOCALS%7E1/Temp/moz-screenshot.jpg[/IMG][IMG]file:///C:/DOCUME%7E1/Owner/LOCALS%7E1/Temp/moz-screenshot-1.jpg[/IMG]
                  RR24M -SLATQH- 2 SLSMG's- DKMGT- 3DXMGT's
                  CHS2 -Traditional- 2 SC90 Surfcasters
                  Tacoma DR14 DM14 JR55
                  Ibanez Artcore AM77, AF125NT,AS93

Comment

Man! Wish I could 'pull the trigger' but I've got too many fiddles. Some don't get the attention they deserve. Gonna pare down the corral before I can GAS-it up.

Originally posted by spencer4hire View Post
                    Check this one out.
                    http://i8.ebayimg.com/06/i/001/2a/b4/4152_3.JPG
                    http://i19.ebayimg.com/08/i/001/2a/b4/42d2_3.JPG
                    http://i7.ebayimg.com/04/i/001/2a/b4/466c_3.JPG

[IMG]file:///C:/DOCUME%7E1/Owner/LOCALS%7E1/Temp/moz-screenshot.jpg[/IMG][IMG]file:///C:/DOCUME%7E1/Owner/LOCALS%7E1/Temp/moz-screenshot-1.jpg[/IMG]

Comment

To buy or not to buy...

Got an opportunity to buy a Snakeskin SLS USA with slight metal wear to bridge and knobs.

Votes please?...Yes (you idiot buy it) or No (you don't need a third guitar).

Its rather a lot of money so no responses from GAS sufferers....lol only joking

Been wanting to get something light and slim for while....(yes my wife knows...)

Comment

How about "buy it or I'll burn a vacation day to come and kick you in the nuts"? :lol

Seriously, if it's what you want, and the price is reasonable for you, go for it.

However, if there is "a lot" of wear on the hardware, as in chipping/corrosion and not just "needs a bit of polish", then the rest of the guitar can't be too far away from that condition. The frets and board may have more problems than you care for, and the body may have more damage to it than you know. Snakeskin is great for hiding body dings and small finish issues, a lesson I learned the hard way many years ago.
                        I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Originally posted by Newc View Post
                          How about "buy it or I'll burn a vacation day to come and kick you in the nuts"? :lol

Seriously, if it's what you want, and the price is reasonable for you, go for it.

However, if there is "a lot" of wear on the hardware, as in chipping/corrosion and not just "needs a bit of polish", then the rest of the guitar can't be too far away from that condition. The frets and board may have more problems than you care for, and the body may have more damage to it than you know. Snakeskin is great for hiding body dings and small finish issues, a lesson I learned the hard way many years ago.
                          You reckon you can get to the UK and back in a day.
                          Ok you are scaring me now

Basically i am planning to view it and take the cash. If its not up to scratch i wont do it...just wanted to know whether people who owned one felt that they were worth owning.

It will be my first USA model...
                          Thanks for the reply man.

Comment

Working...
                          X