hex caddy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• hex caddy

fmic, in their infinite vanity, puts a sticker on the back of the adrian smith dinky reminding you that you're not allowed to use this headstock without their expressed permission.

to this end, jackson sends you your hex caddy in the bag with your tremelo arm instead of mounted on the back of the headstock.

if i put my own hex caddy on the back of my headstock, will this void my warranty?

thanks, guys!
    198? Charvel Model 2B s/n 245085
    1987 Charvel Model 6 s/n C707218
    2001 SL2H Black Pearl s/n U09404
    2006 SL2HT Burnt Cherry Sunburst s/n U18151
    2008 USA C/S Soloist Soft Arch Carved Top Tiger Eye JA0510
    2009 Adrian Smith Dinky s/n 006666 (Ebony Fretboard)
    2009 Adrian Smith Dinky s/n 007066 (Maple Freboard)

Since the warranty only covers defects in workmanship and materials, no. Duh.

And why the hate for the proper licensing terms? You do realize that Jackson does have to pay a license fee to use the Strathead "to give the fans what they want", and the terms of that license state that the headstock has to be clearly marked in a conspicuous place? Would you rather they put it on the front near the Jackson logo? If you people keep up the fucking bitching about the damn sticker, I'm sure that's where it will be.

Or instead of "Jackson" on the front of the head it'll say "This guitar headstock is the registered trademark of Fender Musical Instruments Corporation and is being used with express permission from FMIC" in Mother of Pearl with "Jackson Made In USA" in very small screenprint under that.

If you saw a Fender with a Jackson pointyhead, you'd want to see a sticker on the back saying it was licensed from JCMI, so you know it wasn't just stolen by FMIC, right?
    I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

That doesn't make much sense that Jackson has to pay a licensing fee to Fender. If they're owned by Fender then why would Fender make them pay a licensing fee? Wouldn't Fender essentially be paying themselves?:think: How exactly does it work? (Serious Question)

Comment

Originally posted by TVTiZtiK View Post
        That doesn't make much sense that Jackson has to pay a licensing fee to Fender. If they're owned by Fender then why would Fender make them pay a licensing fee? Wouldn't Fender essentially be paying themselves?:think: How exactly does it work? (Serious Question)
        They're still operating as separate companies.
        I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

lol

:ROTF:

Comment

Also, I don't believe that the hex is not attached just because of the Fender sticker. I have other Jackson/Charvel guitars where it was left in the case leaving it up to the owner to decide if they want it mounted to the back of the headstock or not.
            Rudy
            www.metalinc.net

Comment

this is my first brand new jackson with a floyd, and i don't know anyone personally who's gotten one, and all of the ones that i have ever seen at the music store are already mounted, so thanks for all the help!

all hail fmic?
              Last edited by drixll; 02-05-2009, 12:17 PM.
              198? Charvel Model 2B s/n 245085
              1987 Charvel Model 6 s/n C707218
              2001 SL2H Black Pearl s/n U09404
              2006 SL2HT Burnt Cherry Sunburst s/n U18151
              2008 USA C/S Soloist Soft Arch Carved Top Tiger Eye JA0510
              2009 Adrian Smith Dinky s/n 006666 (Ebony Fretboard)
              2009 Adrian Smith Dinky s/n 007066 (Maple Freboard)

Comment

I prefer not having the allen key holder mounted as the first thing I do with those things is chuck them in the parts box and forget about them.
                -------------------------
                Blank yo!

Comment

Working...
                X