PC1 Back from the Abyss...;)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PC1 Back from the Abyss...;)

I just received my PC1 back from Fender yesterday with a replacement neck. The original neck had a severe twist in it, as well as a stripped truss rod nut which made neck adjustments for backbow nearly impossible. I was quoted a 90 day wait time for the repair, but it ended up being just about 3 weeks!! Long story short, Fender took care of me, and quickly. While it certainly can be easy to slag the folks in AZ for their at-times-difficult-to-deal-with customer service, I wanted to make sure that they also get credit where it's due, which is this instance here. So to Ed Treat and Fender, thank you for returning my PC1 to its rightful place as the pre-eminent superstrat to end all superstrats...at least in my opinion...

glad to hear you got your guitar back...and quick...killer collection by the way...you dont see to many gibson custon shop schon's

Comment

+1 on everything 511 said.
      Just one more guitar!

Comment

Anybody else think the PC-1 would look really nice in black with creme binding?
        -------------------------
        Blank yo!

Comment

GT,

The PC 1 would look great in black w/ creme binding...I've also thought that one in Chameleon with "natural" binding would be sharp...

Comment

That looks awesome. Congrats, and nice job J/C.

Oh, and BTW, some PC1s with natural binding are actually in the works. Only a very few of them. PM me if you'd like more info. No chameleons, though.

Comment

Nothing like a PC1 that been repaired and is back in top form!

Great news!

Comment

quilttop1,

so did you contact fender directly or through the firm you bought the guitar?
                mine has a slight twist that currently doesn't affect anything, I'm just wondering if I should report it now or wait until it becomes an issue, (if that ever occurs)

Comment

Voyager,

I was able to find an Authorized Fender Service Center near me, and took the guitar there. The tech looked it over, confirmed that he could not adjust the truss rod to straighten the neck without having the ends of the frets begin to pop up (yes, it was that bad), and he then contacted Fender and made arrangements to return it. Once back at Fender HQ, it was reviewed by another technician, who determined that the neck was beyond repair, and the call was made to replace it.

If you think you may have concerns about your neck twist becoming an issue down the road, I would highly recommend you send it back now. The severity of the backbow on my PC1 neck got worse over time, resulting in higher action and lousy intonation. Rather than face a similar slow boat to hell with it, perhaps a tech might be able to remedy it....good luck! These are truly amazing guitars, and absolutely worth the effort to get them back into shredding shape...

Comment

Originally posted by scotty View Post
                    +1 on everything 511 said.
                    Yeah +2!

Nice Schon you have there. They are all nice including the Axcess. Glad JCMI could remedy the situation quickly!
                    Tone is like Art: Your opinion is valid. Listen, learn, have fun, draw your own conclusions.

Comment

Cool collection!!
                      Hardware: all black, all the time.

Comment

Was yours originally a strathead? I guess what Im trying to say is if you send in one of the older type headstock models that needs a new neck will it get replaced with a strathead if need be?

Comment

Carbuff,

Yup, mine was originally a Strathead. Good question; I would assume Jackson would retrofit an older one with a Strathead...as long as the neck pocket's the same size...anybody know?:think:

Comment

Great news ! Are you in Arizona? Im in NW Glendale.
                            Congrats on a great collection there! All of them oustanding..

Comment

Thanks for the kudos, Mr. Burns...I'm not in AZ; actually live about 3.000 miles to your northeast in New England...

Comment

Working...
                              X